Chapter Eight.

Mercedes P.O.V

I arrived at work nice and early, but still partially upset after the events of last night. I had went to the club last night, just to dance as usual. When I saw Dominic leave with another girl. She wore a skimpy outfit. A red halter, with a belt for a skirt and her ass hanging out.

The one, I thought. What a load of bullshit.

I could only blame myself for the jealousy I felt, seeing as we had both said it was okay to date other people. But I never would've guessed he would sleep with someone the same night! That was what shocked me. 

You knew he was an asshole, I reminded myself.

I had left the club straight after and went an curled up in bed. Trying not to be hurt. After a while I realised that was no use and spent the whole night on the rooftop, just looking down on the big city that laid below. That's why I was so early for work, I was running on caffeine and no sleep. So I had arrived early to occupy my time, even though I knew I would not get paid for my extra time. I just knew I couldn't be alone with my thoughts any longer.

My boss was happy I had arrived early and smiled as soon as he saw me. Derek was an old man, in his late 60's, with a wife and loads of great grandchildren. Even though he insisted he was too young for great grandchildren numerous of times. They came in to visit him regularly since they only lived a couple blocks away. None of them were over the age of eighteen yet, which he was thankful for because he was afraid it might make him look old. But the oldest, Jamie, was boarding it.

Jamie was cute, and being only seventeen, he was young too. His hair was blonde, and he had blue eyes which partially resembled mine. He would always come in and flirt with me all the time, after school of course. Over the years he had developed a crush on me, according to his great grandad. But I just always thought he was a nice, well mannered boy. He would always bring me flowers or lunch at random times in the day, and knew how I liked my coffee. After school, everyday, he would come in and help me restock the shelves or put misplaced books back in the right place.

"Hello dear." My boss smiled. "Could you help me out by bending down to reach this book? It's fallen off the shelves and I fear that if I bend down I won't be able to get up."

"Sure." I chuckled and followed him to the fallen book.

As I followed him I noticed another one had fallen and picked that up. Then carried on following him to the other.

Once we reached the shelves, he pointed to the fallen book. And I bent down to pick it up.

"Weathering heights." I spoke. "A great read." 

"I agree." He smiled.

I placed the book back on the shelve in the correct place, then headed back with him to the cash register.

"So my dear, what's been happening with you lately?" He asked.

"Nothing much to be honest. What about you?" I answered.

"Well the wife's been nagging about me leaving the toilet seat up, but that's about it." He chuckled. "I saw you with a guy the other day. What was that about?"

"Oh that's nothing serious." I told him. "Just a casual date."

"It's good that you're dating Mercades." He smiled. "I was going to buy you your first cat to begin your future collection if you carried on refusing guys."

"I don't think it would get to that point." I laughed. "And if it did, I don't like cats. More of a dog person."

"Well that's nice to know." He chuckled back. "But seriously my dear, you need to find a nice young man and he seems to be one."