Chapter Thirty-One

Dominic's P.O.V 

(Three days later) 

My world spun around me as I took another swig. I felt alone, depressed and utterly heart broken. But I guess I wasn't alone.. I was accompanies by my old friend Jack. The room was dark and my phone constantly pinging with messages, none of them was ever going to be answered. I was done, done with everything around me. Fed up and tired of the words people said to me, the pity in their eyes. She had left me.. that was it. 

The hotel room I once planned to leave was now once again the only constant in my life.. the only thing that was definitely mine for good. My friends were only the maids that cleaned it and the receptionist that notified me someone had come to see me. I had previously told him on my return that no one was allowed to enter my room until my say so. My time was not going to be spent discussing my feelings and what went wrong. 

When I came back the first thing I was asked is "How was your Christmas?" in which I responded by telling them how I got so drunk I passed out knocking down the tree and nearly setting fire to the place. Since then no one has asked again or even questioned why I did that, they had no need to. Because the look I gave when they asked me "where's Mercedes", proved that no questions should be asked beyond that point. 

I had told the receptionist to let no one in but her, they had seen her face and still no word about it. No word of her since the day she left me.. 

She left me.. 

On the first day, I had got so drunk that I woke up still drunk. On the second, I had ruined Christmas and Katie had returned home to find all her stuff was gone. On the third.. today.. I had realised her phone was disconnected. She was gone without a trace and adamant she would not be found.. my mind was still wondering why. 

Why did she leave me? Was I not good enough? Did I do something wrong? All these raced round my head and had me drinking more by the minute. With each swing I took the less conscious I got, the less my thoughts raced. I laid on my bed, empty, broken and frozen in place. My legs sprawled out and my head held up by a pillow so I didn't choke on my drink. 

My second taste of love and yet it broke me once again.. broken.. that's all I was. 

My Sadie.. 

Except she was no longer mine.. just like Angela was no longer mine. Every chance I had ever got to love someone they have left me. It was clear to me that it must be me, I must do something every time to get treated how I do, to get my heart broken like I have. 

Ring.. Ring.. 

The telephone rang and I picked it up straight away with hope. "Hello" I said. 

"Hello, Mr Foster we have a young lady here for you." The receptionist told me. 

"Send her up straight away." I slurred, he agreed and I hung up. 

I stumbled to my bathroom and banged my head on the door. "Fuck!" I cursed loudly and fell onto the sink. Water rushed out the faucet and I splashed it on my face, then looked into the mirror. My eyes were puffy and bloodshot, I stared back at the damaged person before me. The man that I once was is gone.. he is now gone but with her he can return. 

It must be her. 

They wouldn't have told me otherwise. 

I stripped off my shirt and boxers, then went to my dresser to put on new clothes. A black shirt with tracksuit bottoms to match. I thought about dressing up, but no.. I wanted her to see how much I was suffering. How much I needed her and was destroyed without her. I needed her to see it all so she could come back into my arms and we could be one again. 

I slicked my hair back out of my face, water dripping down my neck. My heart pumped fast and I walked towards the door as I heard the knock. The sound that terrified me with hope. I was drowning in my own emotions while they fought each other inside of me. 

I opened the door.. to reveal the once hidden face.. 

"Can we talk?" 

The End