Chapter 2 Terrible Turn Of Events

He opens his eyes. He smiles as he clutches your hand.

The nurse came up to you and Brandon.

"He has terrible breaks. One in his leg and foot." The Nurse read off the document. She hurriedly walked away to the patient next door.

You had tears in your eyes. You glanced at Brandon, who was still taking all the information in.

"It was all worth it. Wanna get some coffee some time?" He chuckles.

"Yes, as long as if you dont run into me!" You laughed.

Brandon slowly wiped off the tears off your face. He grabbed your hand and he held it. You felt a your heart warm up inside of you. Is this true love ?

One month later he was out of his cast and back at school. He started hanging out with you more often. Now your classed as one of the "Cool Kids."

But, being a "Cool Kid" has its ups and downs. Your BFF Carly-Ine and Lani have stopped hanging with you. You now feel really uneasy about going down the hall. People are giving you nasty looks. Teachers are being more cruel, but Brandon is always standing up for you.

One ordinary day, you were walking down the hall and Brandon was at his locker.

"Hey, so the Cafeteria  has a new menu, I heard..." You said.

"Shut up! Just go away! Geez!" Brandon shouted as he pushed you.

You walk swiftly away and you returned to your locker. At that very moment Carly-Ine and Lani were walking down the hall too.

"Hey Carly, Hey Lani! So how was exams?" You said.

"Umm I dont really want to talk to you right now...." Carly-Ine aggressively replied.

"I haven't talked to you in ages ! Wanna come to my place? I want to hear all about you and Brandon!" Lani excitedly said.

"Yeah that sounds like a plan!" You agreed.

"Well dont invite me. I dont want to have anything to do with her." Carly-Ine aggressively shouted.

Carly-Ine stormed off down the hall of crowded people.

"Whoa I have never seen Carly like that?!?!?" Lani said surprised.

"Maybe she is woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" You giggled.

You link arms with Lani as you both finish the day together.