Chapter 27

Liam and I arrive at the restaurant just in time to see Carter and Laura walk out of their car.

"Hey guys!" I say to Carter and Laura once I start to walk towards them.

"Hey! You look amazing Hailey." Laura says to me.

"You look amazing as well Laura. You look nice too Carter." I say back.

"Yeah I know. Just keep your staring to a minimum." Carter jokes and I roll my eyes.

"I'll try." Liam says making everyone laugh.

When we enter the restaurant I see that the lights are dim and each table has candles on them. The place looks like it came from a romance novel. The lady upfront was beautiful. She had gorgeous long and wavy brown hair and blue eyes. Each waitress and waiter wore black polo shirts and black pants.

"What do you think?" Liam whispers into my ear as we're all being taken to our table.

"It's amazing. Carter did well." I whisper back.

"Yeah, who knew?" Liam smirks.

"Heard that." Carter says and we sit down.

"Your waiter should be here shortly." The beautiful hostess said and left.

"So what were you guys talking about? My ability to come up with an amazing date?" Carter asks raising his eyebrows up and down.

"You did good Carter." I say and he grins.

"I agree. Thanks for bringing us here." Laura says and she and Carter give each other a cute stare.

"You guys are so cute." I say.

"What about us?" Liam asks.

"Us too." I responded back and give him a kiss on his cheek.

"So what can I get you guys to drink?" The waiter says snapping every one of us back to reality.

Liam looks down at his menu and looks up and begins to say, "I'll have...d-dad?"

I look up at our waiter totally shocked and I look at Carter who's just turning pale just like Liam.

"Liam?" Liam's father says with eyes wide open. Liam doesn't answer him. He just looks at him. Studying him like he's a foreign object.

"Son? Is that really you?" He says.

"D-dad? W-what are you...w-what are you doing here?" Liam stutters.

"I work here son."

"Don't call me that. You left us. You left me and Adam fatherless. I want another waiter." Liam says sternly now.

"Son please." Liam's father pleads.

"Don't call me that!" Liam yells causing everyone to stare at us.

"Calm down son...Liam."

"Go to another table." Liam says rudely.

"Ok I'll leave. I'm sorry. For everything. You don't know how much I've missed you guys."

"Don't. Just don't ok?" Liam says sounding hurt.

"Ok Liam. I'll go get you guys a different waiter." Liam's father says and walks away with his head down.

"Liam?" I say to Liam once his father walks away.

"What was all of that about?" Laura asks.

When no one answers her she looks at Carter who is just looking at Liam with sorrow.