1. "best boyfriend"

R O S E

"I'm going to miss you."

I murmur while I see a tall, lean, chocolate brown hair and hazel eyes slowly approach me on my parent's porch. A big, navy blue suitcase following behind him.

Nate engulfs me with open arms, grabbing my attention as his arms were cautiously low on my petite body, making the color of my cheeks creep pink.

I crook my head in the crevasse of his neck as he places his chin on the top of my head.

"Not as much as I'm going to miss you," hearing Nate break down quietly. With his chest near, I felt the rate of his heartbeat changing drastically.

He decided to stop by my house before going over to the Uber that was waiting for him a block down, since he wanted to see me before he left for tour. I was sad he was leaving, but I was so thrilled for him to actually be going out for his dreams.

He's been mentioning this to me so many times while on the phone, in person and texting.

Nate: i'm so excited

Me: for ur tour?

Nate: how'd u know? hahahHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Me: u talk abt it 24 fucking 7

"Rose?" he speaks after five minutes of us just staying in each other's arms.

"Hm?"

Nate then places his hands on my shoulders, the hug dissolving, only to see his face completely red, thinking he did something embarrassing.

"What'd you do?" I jokingly say, "did you fart? We've been over this hundreds of times! It's ok-"

"Rose, I've liked you for a while now," He confesses, "It's crazy, I know, and you're my best-est friend that's a girl and I know it's a completely shitty time-"

"So this isn't about farts?" I interrupt as Nate shakes his head smiling.

"I just wanted to know-"

"Are you going to ask me out?" the words escape my mouth without warning. He looks at me with scared eyes.

"I mean if you don't want to date me that's-"

"No, I mean you should ask me," I correct him.

He takes a deep breath before speaking, his eyes wandering my face as he places a hand to his mouth. He always had done this when he was embarrassed.

"Will you go out with me, Rose Skylar Martin?" he slowly says without hesitation.

"Of course."

Once I said that, his face brightens up, as he pulls me by the sides of my shirt, bringing me into a hug.

"I cannot believe that you are my girlfriend."

"And I cannot believe you're my boyfriend," I peck his cheek, instantly he becomes sweaty-his clammy hands cupping my cheeks together, thinking that he was going to kiss me on my lips, or atleast peck them, he kissing my forehead, after, saying, "I can't kiss you now, I can't leave you for three months leaving you wanting more."

He winks, making me roll my eyes. He then picks his suitcase up, whispering me things he will do while he's gone, like keep contact with me and keep me updated.

With Nate in my mind, I turn around, closing the door behind me.

My heart jumped with joy, I shut my eyes for a second to know this wasn't a dream. Nate fucking Maloley is my boyfriend.

Going into the living room where I was firstly before Nate came, my phone goes off, showing I got a text message.

Nate: hey girlfriend.

I smiled, answering back.

Me: hey loser

Nate: ur suppose to text me back with saying hey boyfriend.

Me: ur so lame

Nate: shut up and do it

Me: hi ugly boyfriend

Nate: close enough. Hey baby.

I then smirked before texting him that he should be paying attention to what he was doing then as he responds with an okay, saying that he loved me.

We said that before but this time it had a completely different meaning.

And I liked it like that.