6. "fiona's cakes"

R O S E

Getting off the phone with Derek, I come outside to see the Uber, Derek coming out from the back door, meeting me.

I wore a classy dress that I hope gave off the impression that we are just friends, not anything else.

"You look nice, Rose," Derek comes in for a hug, making me respond back tensely, we have never hugged before.

His hands were very low on my waist, as his head laid down on my shoulder. "You look good as-well," I choke on my words, as he came off from the hug, giving a sly smile.

"Thanks," he responds with more enthusiasm, giving me the vibe he was happy because of something?

He opens the back door for me, making me for some odd reason think this was more than just getting coffee. I knew Derek didn't have a crush on me, but why would he go out his way for me? "Why you didn't have to do all of this," I respond, seeing the man in the front of the car looking at his phone, not bothering to even speak to me.

"It's fine, this is normal for me," he lies, sitting pretty close to me.

"Uh- okay, where are we going?"

The car begins to drive, jolting me forward. "Fiona's Cakes, it's pretty old but I prefer it over Starbucks."

"I actually love Fiona's Cakes," I beam, squirming. "For all of this I have to pay for the food-"

"No, you don't," he cuts me off, placing a hand on my thigh. "This is just a trip to get to know eachother more, since you're-"

"Are you guys like dating?" The driver asks, looking into the review mirror, crunching his eyes. "Or is it like a sugar daddy thing? Like he's paying for your company?"

"No!" We both say at the same time, exclaimed.

"I'm the friend of her boyfriend, just getting to know eachother," he explains, making the driver ask no more questions, just continuing to drive.

After minutes of talking about Nate, we arrive- making the people sitting outside cock their heads towards the car.

He comes out first on the left side, then quickly opening my door on the other side, opening his arms to jokingly show me the way. I giggle.

The place was more antique and cute, the sign use to light up, but it didn't anymore that's how old it was.

Derek stayed behind to pay the Uber as I slowly walked to the enterance, only to feel a hand slip in my waist. Derek.

He was taller than me, not by a lot but you could see the difference. My head was where his neck was, so it wasn't much of a height different. Once inside, I look at the menu in Derek's hand. He was looking at the dessert's but I was looking at the coffee's.

"I'm getting a piece of the chocolate cake," he then looks at me, almost examining my face. "What would you like?"

"Black coffee," I respond pretty fast, making him furrow his eyebrows. "I like my coffee black."

"Oh, okay." When we were in the front of the line we were greeted by a blonde and blue eyed chick, chewing gum loudly. She was checking out Derek, her eyes crossing down and up.

"What would y'all like?"

"Uh, this," he points the menu, making her yawn.

"Yeah, small, medium or large?"

"I would like one slice."

"I know, but like would you like it thick?" She licks her lips, making me roll my eyes.

"Just give me a medium," he doesn't know how to respond, so he scratches the back of his head then placing a hand through his quiff.

"Okay, you?" She looks over at me.

"Black coffee, small please."

"Alrighty, any sweeteners?"

"No."

"Are you sure? Our coffee is-"

"I've been here before," I purse my lips, making her eyes go back in their sockets. She then tells the total, while Derek pulled out a wad of cash, only giving twenty of it. He tells her to keep the rest of the tip, so obviously the chick was smiling crazily with her Botox lips.

"Where should we sit?" I ask, looking at the packed place, only to find a table outside, but with one chair. People usually move chairs if a larger group.

"You can just sit on my lap," he offers, making me shrug. I didn't feel like I was super turned on, I was just sitting on his lap, nothing else.

I stayed at the table while Derek retrieved the items, coming back with a large tray with a big cake and a big cup of coffee.

I stood up from the chair, only to sit on top of him while placing my hand on the steaming cup of coffee sipping it softly.

"So, Rose."

"So, Derek," I take a look behind me to see him smirk intensely, his cheeks were a bit pink.

I moved around a bit, seeing him groan,"I'm sorry, am I too h-heavy?" I ask ashamed.

"No, no, no!" He says right after I asked, "it's just- never mind."

"Tell me."

"You're just like kinda going over my dick and it's like messing with me," he whispers into my ear, his minty breath cascading to someway to my nose.

a/n; almost 1,000 reads, thank u sm!