The search begins

A/N

Zzz.... Whoever's there, thank you for wasting a few minutes of your time here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so we called him. No answer. Not much of a surprise anyway.

We went home, promising to meet up the next day at a cafe.

Well, I told my family I'll be staying over at Em's the following day and packed some stuff. A.k.a chocolates, a spare phone battery, chips, money, a can of coke and most importantly, food (Oh wait, did I mention that before?). I surf the school's website and found nothing, nothing about my missing friends. 

Why would they hide the fact that students are missing? They gotta at least call for a massive search party or something, not rely on a few guys to ask repeated questions to everyone and wait for everything to rot, like that half-eaten sandwich at the corner of my room. 

Sighing, I ploped on my bed face first, bury my head in the blankets. The school's pride and dignity is much too important than a few lifes, eh?

*****

"Wake up sleepy butt. Your phone is annoying."

I wasn't planning to leave my precious bed so I let my phone ring on and on.

"Yeah? Hi, my sister is being a lazy sleepy butthead right now so you might wanna call later.... What? Oh okay, I'll do just that, hahaha."

I don't like that laughter my sister is emitting... Wait did she answering my phone just now?

"KAYLA, I TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH MY PHO--"

"RISE AND SHINE!"

...and my reflex ninja wake-up-and-yell-at-sis was countered by a bucket of water. So much for an epic wake-up call.

*****

"Fuck you Emma."

"Hee hee-- You're the one sleeping like a pig..." Emma stuck her tongue out.

"..and almost forgot our meeting." Carryna continued.

"Did not. Anyway did you guys found anything out?"

"Did too. And yeah, about that..." Emma trailed off, sipping her Revive ever-so-calmly. 

"Yeah?" 

"I don't know about it..." Emma took a dramatic breath and continued sipping her Revive.

"... Carryna?" 

"Emma got a message from Ben, saying that he is at a weird place somewhere in the forest or shit."

"They drugged him?" Forest? Ain't no forest in this town.

"Who knows? He could be dead for all I care." Emma is acting weird today.

"Em, get over it. Have you forgotten about Jen and Patricia?" Carryna frowned at her.

I reached my hand across the table and reached for the phone Emma was playing Pokemon with. Exit. Confirm exit. Messages. Recent message from Unknown number. 

"HEY! I was about to defeat that thing!"

[Message from Unknown Number

Em, I at Woods. You rmb there don't you? -B]

Woods? I search 'woods' on Google (with Em's phone of course) and and that came out was pictures of forest and Tiger Woods. I casually threaten Emma to spill and Carryna held her precious manga in ransom (Why would Carryna have her book is beyond me).

"Spill." I slammed my palm on the table, and really did spilled her Revive. In a panic, I tossed the phone to Carryna and grab wads and wads of tissue paper that was conviently placed on the table and toss it on the puddle.

"...that looks so wrong..." Carryna murmured.

"Only Carmen." Emma sighed.

"I'm sorry, okay? But you still have to tell me what did Ben meant." That was embarassing.

"Think about Patricia and Jen, just tell us okay?" Carryna coaxed.

"Okay, okay. It was an old restaurant somewhere near the cemetary." Emma finally gave in.

"Let's go then!" I picked up my bag and hurried them out. 

"But Em, what did Ben meant by....." Carryna asked while passing the ransomed stuff back to her.

"We're gonna be late if we're catching the next bus." Emma shuffled quickly towards the bus stop across the road.

I took a packet of M&Ms and popped some in my mouth while wondering if Patricia and Jen are still digging their way out with a spoon.