Rule of thumb: Never look into mirrors

A/N

There's just a few chapters left and I think I'll stop procrastinating and try to finish this ASAP.

Thanks for reading :)

------------------------------------------------------

"So you guys..."

"Yeah."

"Wow, I didn't..."

"I know."

"A week?"

"Uh huh."

"......"

"......"

The awkward silence between us made the bus ride even more uncomfortable. Turns out Emma once dated Ben for a week and Emma broke up with him right at the woody or wooden or something restaurant. They never mention anything so none of us knew.

Oh well, at least know we know the girl who gave me the pink letter is Ben's cousin Angela.

"But why would they kidnap our friends?" Carryna frowned.

"Guess we'll have to find out ourselves." Emma pointed towards the restaurant, or rather, the abandoned building as the bus came to a halt.

"Wow, it look like something out of a horror film." I stated, examining the broken windows, peeled paint and the restaurant sign hanging feebly above the front door. True to its name, the bulding was surrounded by a small forest, secluding the place and making it an ideal spot for a horror setting, or in this case, a kidnapper's hideout.

Now let me tell you a rule of thumb in horror games: Never look into mirrors.

Seriously.

Because as we creaked open the door to the remains of what had been a restaurant, I noticed a unique mirror installed behind an old counter. It was shaped like a simplified forest with individual leaves and even though it was spotted and fogged up like all old mirrors, it was still a magnificent piece of art.

"Carmen, that really isn't priority..."

Ignoring Carryna, I walked up and began admiring it, caressing it as though I was a pirate who had just discovered a rare booty.

"GET AWAY FROM HER, YOU ASS!"

Booty thoughts aside, Emma's scream echoed through the almost empty room, giving me a shock. I turn around so quickly my knee against the side of the counter and crouched down in pain by reflex. Wincing at the pain, I try to get up but my leg chose that holy moment to have a cramp.

Looking up, I was greeted by the scene of Emma kicking some guy's ass while Carryna was desperately trying to free her hands from being tied by a tall woman. Oh that didn't look good.

I panicked and fumbled around for something, anything to help my friends. I only managed to find a dusty hardcover book under the counter which I guess was for bookkeeping.

"EMMA, CATCH!" I sent the book flying across the room without second thought.

To tell the truth, people assume I do well in a lot of things and sports is one of them. I've never been good at aiming but at that moment, I've degraded myself to pathetic.

How in the world did I managed to smack the book into Emma's face is beyond me.