Dig your way out with a spoon because why not

"...I'm sorry..."

"I told you it's fine, just focus on getting us out of here."

After the epic mess up, I mean MY epic mess up. We were shoved into what used to be a storage room and was told to shut up and stay put. The door was locked and the only window was nailed with a board.

We weren't alone though. There were boxes. A whole stack of them in every corner but most were empty. At least they had it in them to leave us with three bottles of stale water.

I can tell you that stale water taste like dust and despair. I'm not kidding.

I miss my backpack already. Those guys took it away and I bet they're eating my food, MY precious food.

I think I'm hungry.

Anyway, after a decade of apologizing and grumbling and worrying, Carryna suggested to check all the boxes to see if they missed out on anything. With nothing else to do, we began  ransacking everything.

The room wasn't very large but it sure was dusty. We were covered with dust and grime by the time we were done.

"Well, I found some chopsticks." Carryna piled her findings in the middle of the room.

"I've got nothing but I figured we could use the chopsticks to arm ourselves. It would be enough to hurt if we stab someone hard enough." Emma plopped beside Carryna and begin examining the chopsticks.

"Guys! Guys! I found a...... spoon......" Damn, I found a spoon in a box marked knives. How disappointing.

"What? You gonna dig us out with a spoon like how you thought Pat and Jen were doing?" Emma asked jokingly.

Sighing, I shove it down my pocket and joined them in the middle to retrieve my "weapons" aka two plastic chopsticks.

"So now what do we do?" I laid on the floor, scraping an empty box with the spoon I found.

"Wait I guess." Emma shrugged.

There's nothing I can do so I'd have to just roll with it.

Like literally.

I rolled across the room with my spoon and came face to face with the wooden door. And naturally, I scraped the door with my spoon because what did you expect me to do?

"Hey guys!" Emma and Carryna turned away from making holes in boxes with chopsticks and looked at me questioningly.

"I think I might be able to dig our way out..." I sat up and pointed to a dent in the wooden door. Turns out the door was termite infested and the bottom part of door was weak from the inside.

"That is one hell of a way out." Carryna smiled.

"But it'll do perfectly." Emma grinned and I casually step out of the way.

Make way for the expert cause we're busting outta here.