A 10 minute walk cant possibly go wrong, right?

"I tell you the world is NOT gonna end next month. Not before Comic Fiesta and Chrismas anyway."

Jennifer gave me the are-you-seriously-kidding-me look she always gives me. I shrugged and laughed it off.

We were on our way to explore the wonderful sights of common plants and noisy cars. Oh look, a snail! Just kidding, we were on our way to Emma's house after exam to celebrate.

"Tell me why are we walking through the Sahara Desert again?" Jen hates walking, and the weather is not being very helpful.

"Yes sir! We are currently heading North towards the oasis a.k.a Emma's house. Reports have shown that the oasis contains a magical summoning object that can summon food with the help of money."

Whoops, Jen's giving me that look again. Like I don't know she's trying to hold her laughter. I know her too well. 

But something doesn't feel right, it's like...

"Hey, what has four wheels and goes really fast?" Deep, threatening voice. Definitely not Jennifer.

I instinctively kick whoever's behind me and managed to hit his ankle. I turned around. Jennifer is gone. A silver car drove past me like wind, the edge of the tinted window glinted under the sun, hurting my eyes.

"Car."