The Note and The Envelope

Thanks again for reading ❤

Chapter 2

We have to tell the others! We can't just leave?! They will be mad and we don't want them ranting out our pact, they could easily blame it on us! Also, how are we gonna leave if our parents find our suitcases?! Okay. Jemma, don't think about that! I tell myself. I am so mad at myself, again I'm rethinking this! Uurrgghh! I really don't wanna leave without a message though. I think I'll just write her a note saying I'm staying at a friends' for a week so I'll have one week to escape this living hell and all these memories!

The good thing is I can speak fluent spanish, english and halfway french so maybe Marissa and I can go to Paris girst and just see the famous touristic stuff and get our french to a fluent level. It will be awesome, I can't wait! I decide to call Marissa. Tomorrow is the first day of the last week of school! Oh my god I think we should tell our friends on friday.

"Hello?" Marissa answers her phone. "Hey Sa! I just wanted to say I think we should tell Lara, Joseph and Theo on friday... You know, about us leaving."

"Sure, whatever."

"Are you rethinking this?"

"Yeah... I mean aren't you?! I think maybe we shouldn't leave. I am not leaving saturday already."

"...Okaaay... Well, I am! Even if alone!" I end the phone call. I'm so mad at her! Now she's chickening out of the idea and leaving me all alone! Well. I'll do it because I know it?s not gonna get any better! Call me crazy - okay my friends do that already - but I think this is a good idea!

The next day I try to avoid Marissa. I walk in the hallway, checking my phone to see if Marissa replied to me when I lose halt. Somebody is trying to catch me. Everything is like in slow motion. The person just catches me, but not enough. Bash, our noses bang against each other. But so do our lips. It's not a kiss, it hurt, but I see it's Lara's boyfriend. And there ... is Lara! She starts crying and runs away. Poor her, that must've looked really bad! What the hell?! Why am I thinking about this. Go after her you dumb ass, I tell myself. I run in the direction she went, but she isn't there... I go to my next class feeling terrible!

Finally classes are over! Now I can talk to Lara. I find her in the parking lot, just about to leave with her mom.

"Hey Lara. Please listen -"

"No." No?! She continues talking. "He explained. No worry, I know you accidentally bumped into him."

"Ahh, good. For a moment there I thought you wouldn't listen to me!" I give her a long hug. Maybe I should tell her... But maybe I shouldn't. I feel bad. But she wouldn't come anyway, so... I'll tell her friday.

I hug her, again, this time goodbye.

"Bye!" I say. "Buh-bye!" She answeres.

It's thursday, today I'll start packing. At school I see Marissa. She crying?!

"You were right." With what?! "I'm coming! They always scream at me. They say I'm the ugliest girl ever, that's why my real parents didn't want me."

I give her a long hug, and just keep quite. I have to say, I'm a bit happy though. Now we can go together! I know, selfish, but obviously something like this was gonna happen! Sooner or later, it's better sooner. Now it's definite. Tomorrow we have to the the others...

"Okay..." I start. It's friday. "We are gonna leave, tomorrow." Marissa quickly says. I only see Lara, Theo and Joseph's jaws drop. Then they laugh. They think this is a joke! We explain, but like we thought, they didn't wanna come anyway. It's good that it's clear now and everyone knows the truth. Well, not everyone... My mother doesn't know, but that's part of the plan. Oh my god! Oh my oh my oh my oh my friggin god! Fuck. We are doing this. No time to rethink. Just time to do! I'm so nervous but so excited at the same time. Time is going to fast, but also to slow at the same time. I try not to show this in front of my mom, but the dinner, everything I do, feels like the last time I'm ever gonna do it. I hug my mom really tight goodnight, but she leaves quickly, because as always she brought work home. It's good that today she was ij a good mood.

Saturday morning I have everything packed, and ready to go. It's so weird. Having a suitcase, taking your toothbrush, leaving your room, taking my stuffed bunny called Mr Bunnles and just leaving. It's all so special... Now I have to write a note. Saying I'm staying at a friends for the first week of the summer holidays. It's supposed to look like a normal note I would leave, but it's like I can't remember what a normal note was like... In the end, this is my finished note:

Hi mom <3

So, I'm staying at Gracie's house, she has a party with some of her friends for the first week. It's in the suburbs, the house with the pool. Marissa's going too! Thanks.

Bye, Jemma :)

I'm leaving the house now! Bye! It's quite early, 07:48 mornings. I wait at the Starbucks (where me and Sa are meeting) and order her fave choice. I order mine too, obviously. Someone walks into the door. The glass door. That can only be Sa. It is. She comes over to my table and has her suitcase. This feels so... Surprisingly normal. As if we are about to just go to holidays together and meet at Starbucks before.

"I have a surprise for you." Marissa says. She pulls an envelope out of her shorts-pocket. She hands it to me. "Open." She demands. I open it.

"Oh my god, thank you so much! I love you!"

"You're welcome!" She smirks. She knew I'd love this!

--------------THANKS FOR READING!!!

Love you all who read this, *blows you a kiss* ------------------