Chapter 22: Let The Games Begin

{ZAYN IS GETTING ENGAGED!!!!! I'm so happy congrats Zerrie!! BTW: Use the hash tag #TheFighterFanfic on twitter if you wanna chat or whatever i'll be responding to all! I will also follow you if you ask!}

(Chapter 22)

*Caroline's P.O.V*

"You're glad you know the answer to what question?" Harry asked with his signature smirk.

I can't tell you how much i've missed that cocky smirk of his. It just suits him so well, and I wouldn't mind if he smirked all day everyday. As long as he was here with me.

I could feel my smile fade away and panic take over when I began processing what Harry just asked. I realized he didn't know anything about Danielle's question for me. I really didn't know for sure but, I think I did love Harry...

No you don't.

My conscience rejected the thought out of my head before I could even confirm it. What? Why not?

He's just trouble. All boys are. You can't trust any of them. Remember what happened last time?

My mind kept replaying all the fights I had with Jake up until the day he slapped me. I cringed at the thought, before shaking my head. My conscience is right I can't be in love, not again. Not ever again...

I slowly looked up to meet Harry's intense gaze.

He had this weird look in his eyes like he was trying figure out what I was thinking. It was quite cute if you ask me. I guess I get why people call him crazy and insane because i've seen him at his worst. But once you get to know him you'll figure out he's much more than that. Deep down behind all those dark walls and secrets, Harry actually has a warm heart. And i'm going to do everything I can to get him to realized that also.

"What are you thinking Cara?" Harry whispered before grasping my fragile hand in his large one. I relaxed a little as he began to rub small circles on the side of my palm.

"Just about you," I smiled.

"Well I hope they're good thoughts." Harry chuckled before getting out of his chair and walking to the other side of the hospital bed. I watched carefully as he climbed onto the small mattress and laid down beside me. I immediately snuggled closer to him and he didn't even hesitate wrapping an arm around me, pulling me closer to his toned torso.

I have to admit I did have feelings for Harry, strong feelings. But i'm not sure if i'm ready to be in love again. Maybe i've never actually been in love, I don't even know if me and Jake were really in love. I mean i've told him I loved him a couple times, but I thought that's just what couples do. I didn't know there had to be a meaning behind it.

I could feel my eye lids getting heavier and heavier as I thought about all of this. I honestly didn't even understand my feelings anymore they were just so mixed and it was too much to take in. One thing I did know for sure is that I didn't want to lose Harry.

Just as I was about to fall into a deep slumber I could hear the sound of Harry's deep hum filling my ears. The sound was so mesmerizing I couldn't stay awake even if I wanted to.

~

"Aw! Look at them they are so precious! Oh Liam go get my camera!" I heard my mothers voice say from beside me. I could also hear a faint chuckle a few feet away from me.

"Come on mom...." I heard Liam groan in the background.

"I'm sorry but don't they look so peaceful." My mother swooned.

"Peaceful? Sure, once he takes his hands off of her and moves a few feet away from her, then come and ask me if they look peaceful."

"Quiet Liam you're ruining the moment." My mother shushed Liam. I couldn't help the small smile from playing on my lips as I opened my eyes. Harry was laying right beside me his body facing mine. His lips were slightly parted as small snores gradually escaped from them. He did look peaceful and for once he didn't have those furrows on his forehead from always thinking. This may sound cliche, but Harry actually looked angelic. Of course he had some faded bruises on his face, but that was almost becoming a normal thing for me to see.