Chapter 3

Halt stared at the sight before him. Arnold was in the bathroom, dancing and humming Will's song softly. Arnold stopped. Halt gaped. Silence. This was awkward. Will came in behind Halt, holding the sign awkward moment # 2. "Halt and Arnold, the best of friends," he sang loudly.

Halt turned around and dashed out of there. Arnold followed after him. Will ran after them both, singing his song. Halt crashed through the woods, not caring how much noise he made. He just had to get away from that mad man.

He stopped and looked around. He spotted a tall, large tree. He started climbing. He scrambled up the branches, and then stopped. He settled himself on a thick branch. Arnold will never find me here, he thought. He didn't know how mistaken he was.

He was gazing off into the distance, thinking of what to do next, when Arnold popped out of a large hole in the tree. "How you doing?" he asked, a insane grin on his face. Halt yelled with surprise.

He stumbled and fell from the tree, grabbing on to a branch before he could fall any further. He hoisted himself up, then jumped from branch to branch until he was on the ground, running.

He tore through the woods, making it back to the cottage. He ripped the door open and sprinted inside. He found Will making more awkward moment signs. "Hurry!" he cried. "Block all the entrances!"

So Halt and Will blocked the doors with chairs, dressers, and couches. Halt turned around and grabbed a chair and passed it to Will. Will set the chair down in front of the door. Halt turned again for an object, and was staring into the eyes of Arnold. "Here," he said creepily, handing him another chair.

Halt's face paled and he stared. Will turned around and held up the sign. He sprinted pass Arnold, tearing open the door to his room and darted inside. He locked the door, jumped on his bed, burrowed himself in his blankets, and just stayed there. He shivered, pulling the blankets around him.

"Sure is cold in here," someone said, on the other side of the bed. Halt screamed in terror. He scurried out, running to the big lake in the woods. He made it, and threw himself into the water. He shivered. The water was very cold.

He plunged under, swimming through. A salmon swam past him. He looked to his left, and saw Arnold, waving his hand in the water. Halt opened his mouth to yell, and water surged into his mouth. He surfaced, and spit it out.

Then, he got out of the lake, and sprinted for the cabin again. All day the same thing happened. Halt would hide some place else, and Arnold would find him. By evening, Arnold had called, "Goodbye, Halt! Or should I say BFFAEAEAE! That stands for best friends forever and ever and ever and ever! I'll see you tomorrow!" Halt scuttled off back to the cabin, and by dinner time, he was almost as insane as Arnold.

His eyes darted around, looking at everything. He didn't even touch his food. "So, Halt, how's your day?" Will asked.

Halt's head snapped up. "Fine, what about you?" he replied, shuddering. "Goo-" Will started, but he was interrupted.

"WHY ARE YOU STARING AT ME LIKE THAT? WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE TO YOU?" Halt shouted. Then he said, "Oh, Will, you should really eat all your vegetables. They have lots and lots of good stuff," Will stared.

"Unicorns, pretty ponies, demon waffles, and dragons," Halt sang. "WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN? YOU ALWAYS YELL AT ME! HAVE I EVER DONE ANYTHING TO UPSET YOU? I'M SORRY!" Halt shouted. Will stood up, got one of the awkward moment signs, got a quill, and scribbled something out. Then he held the sign up.

It read, awkward mood swings! Halt took one look at that sign, then curled up in the fetal position and sobbed.

FUNNY CHAPTER! I think it was hilarious how Halt had mood swings.