7. Third Dance

We entered the garden. It was just like I remember it, everywhere you look you could see bright colors. She had flowers of every kind, roses, tulips, sunflowers, orchids, and many more.

There were archways and statues of angels. And in the middle of the garden there was a huge water fountain. The garden was so big you could fill it with an entire village and still have room.

Ethan came towards me and held my hand.

"E..Ethan?" I said looking confused.

"You're going to dance with me now" He said and smiled.

"Excuse me but I believe I was going to dance with her" Dante said.

"Dante I can dance with you after I dance with him" I said.

He stayed silent and glared at Ethan. "Very well" He said.

The dance was a bit different from what I normally dance with Dante. It was much faster and it involved a lot of hand movement. Ethan was a wonderful dancer. He lifted me up and spin me, putting me down gently. We kept dancing until we were in the middle of every other dancer.

 We kept dancing until we were in the middle of every other dancer

We held hands and quickly let go so we could spin. It was so much fun that I feel it ended quickly.

"It's been awhile since we last danced, has it not?" He said smiling.

I nodded. "We should do this more often. It's fun dancing with you" I smiled.

He looked, like he just got an idea.

"Hey, come with me. I want to show you something." He held my hand and started walking away with me.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see" he said and kept walking.
He guided me to an entrance that seemed to be hidden. There were archways all covered in vines and tree branches. It's like entering another world. When there were no more archways, the path continued until I could see something crystal-like.

"Is that water?" I said.

He nodded.

When we arrieved I could see a beautiful gazebo right in the middle of a small pond

"Oh this is beautiful" I said in awe.

"Katrina showed me this place when I was training to be a butler. She said if she was feeling down, she would come here to clear her head, and since I was down most of the time, she would let me hang out here." He said.

"That does sound like her" I said.

Ethan looked at me and grabbed my hands. "Look" He said and took me to the back of the gazebo, where a tree stood tall. On one of the branches there was a wooden swing set. I used to love playing with them when I was a kid. Katrina had dozens of them.
I sat on it, and Ethan pushed me.

"I love this place" I said.

He looked at me.

"Jessica... i..lo-" He was starting to speak, but was interrupted.

"Well, well, I must regret to inform you, but this place is off limits."

We both looked back to see Dante standing there.

"Oh, it's you Dante" I said.

Ethan looked angry.

"Why must you ruin everything?!" He screamed, ran towards Dante and held him by the neck, raising him up.

I got scared. I've never seen Ethan like that.

"Ethan!! Stop!!" I screamed and ran towards him, trying to make him stop.

"Stop it Jessica!" He said and pushed me, causing me to fall.

I looked at them and got mad.

"ALRIGHT, THAT'S IT!!!" I screamed.

Ethan looked at me, then at Dante and let him go.

He coughed.

"What is wrong with you two?! It's Katrina's birthday! There's a murderer on the loose and you guys are fighting! I had enough of this!" I said and stormed my way out of there. I could hear them call my name but I ignored them.

---

Now I was mad.

"This is all your fault!" I yelled at Dante, who was still on the floor.

He coughed one more.

"I'm not the one who just tried to kill you" He said.

"Everything was perfect until YOU came along!" I yelled.

"I can say the same thing about you" He said and stood up.

"I was going to-" I stopped. There's no reason I should tell him.

"You were going too what?" He said.

"Nothing" I said.

"Ah from what I saw, you were going to confess your love for her, were you not?" Dante said.

I looked at him. He grinned.

"Ah I guessed correctly, didn't I? That's very brave you know" He said mockingly.

"Don't mock me" I said.

"Are you certain she feels the same way? Oh what a shame it would be if you got your heart broken at the ball." He said and turned around.

Damn.. he's right, what if she doesn't feel the same?

I stood there thinking it over and over.

"You're-" I was going to say something but by the time I looked he was gone.

"Bastard"

---

I finally arrived at the party. I went to Katrina's side.

"Hey! What's up?" She said.

"Hey..can we talk?" I said.

She looked at me. Knowing something is wrong. "Alright" She said and told Harry she was going to talk with me for a bit.

We walked to the side of a pond that was on the other side of the garden.
I started explaining what had been happening with Ethan and Dante.
She was paying attention to every word.

"So Dante huh? He's a total sweetheart!" She said.

"Huh? You actually know him? I thought you had too many servants to even remember their names." I said.

She giggled. "He's the head butler plus my personal butler. He took care of me since I was little." She said.

Interesting. I still want to know more about him.

"Hey Kathrina-" I was interrupted by her screaming. When I looked at the reason why, I screamed as well.

There was a body, lying face down in the water. He had the exact same suit as Ethan. Oh please no.....not him..