12. Fifth Dance

I didn't want to be here right now. I decided to leave, sadly I tripped and fell. I closed my eyes, waiting for impact, but I never made it to the ground. When I opened my eyes I noticed I was on the king's arms. I blushed and tried to get away but he tightened his grip.

"Now why would you be here? You can get in trouble for being too curious you know." He said.

"I..I only just got here.." I said.

"I wasn't born yesterday, I knew you were there." He said and placed his hand on my chin, raising my face to look at him.

"Such a pity too, the killer could make you his or her's next victim for being too curious" He said.

"You can let her go now your majesty." I heard Dante say behind me.

"Of course, your boyfriend came to save you. You may not always be lucky, please, enjoy the ball" The king said and left.

I looked at Dante.

"Dan-"

"I know what you're gonna say, but this is not the place to do it. Come with me" He held my hand and took me to the garden. Nobody was here, it was peaceful and quiet.

I looked around, the body wasn't on the pond anymore.

I turned around and looked at Dante.
He came towards me, placed his arms around my waist and looked at my eyes. I felt so comfortable and secure in his arms. Being alone with him made me happy.

"Dante I-"

I couldn't finish what I was saying. His soft lips were on mine. He kissed me more and more and more. I placed my arms around his neck as the kiss got deeper with each passing moment.

"Jessica...be mine.." He whispered.

He kissed me again, more forcefully this time.

I kissed him back. He pushed me against a wall, our lips still locked together. He took off my mask.

I looked into his eyes.

"Dante.." I said.

We heard a rustling of leaves and looked in the direction of the sound. There we saw Ethan.

I remembered what he told me and I looked down. He looked at me, then at Dante and walked away.

"Ethan, wait!" I yelled and ran after him.

He stopped, but didn't turn to face me.

"I just wanted to say that...that I'm sorry..." I said and looked down.

"You don't have to apologize" He said, still not looking at me.

"I do.. I should've told you that before but.. there's so much happening right now..." I said.

"I thought you said you didn't want to talk to me for the rest of the day." He's acting very cold with me..but I don't blame him.

I looked at him as he started walking away again.

"I'm scared Ethan!" I screamed.

He stopped and looked at me.

"What?"

"I'm terrified. With everything that's been happening, I haven't been able to think straight. You, Katrina, Dante, the murders. There's so much to keep in mind...even the king now." I said.

"The king?" Ethan said, turning to face me.

I nodded.

"What happened to the king?" He said.