13. Missing

[Warning. Mature content in this chapter. ]

---

The dance ended, Ethan, Dante and the king were still gone.

I walked around the halls for a bit, stopping in front of Katrina's room. I noticed guards outside and inside her room, I quickly got worried.

"Please....not you Katrina..." I said to myself as I made my way in.

I saw her on the floor and Dante holding her. I ran to her side.

"Katrina?!" I screamed.

"She's alright, she just fainted after seeing that" Dante said and pointed at the closet. I turned my head to look and quickly stood up.

A message like the last one...

You are blinded to things that are obvious to see

Is the killer leaving this messages on purpose? But to who? And why?

They clearly enjoy what they do.

"The bastard knows what he's doing." Said one guard, looking at the body.

I looked at him.

"Removing the eyes like that ain't easy, he also had a very limited time. To be able to do something like that in such a short time....we're dealing with a psychopath.."

Now I'm really nervous.

---

"Damn, I've lost them." I said as I stopped to look around.

I'm near the tallest tower of the castle. Could they be up there? But why?

I decided to go up there. If I'm caught I'll just pretend I was lost or hiding. I went up the stairs, when I got there I noticed the door was unlocked. Strange...

I went in the room and looked around, it was dark. It was filled with books and weird stuff. I felt someone move behind me and I quickly turned around.

"Who's there?!" I yelled.

I need to get out of here. I walked towards the door but before I could get out, it slammed right in my face.

I tried to open it but it was locked from the outside.

"Hey! Open up!" I yelled.

"I..I'm sorry" I heard a voice say. "I'm afraid you're being too nosy" The person said and left.

That voice sounded familiar...was that...the king?!

---

"Jessica..let's get you out of here.. you shouldn't be seeing...this.." Dante said as he picked up Katrina and placed her on her bed, then grabbed my hand and took me out of the room.

I looked around, still no sign of Ethan.

Dante took me to his room and closed the door.

I looked at him. "Have you seen Ethan?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I thought he was with you" He said.

"He ran off when he saw the king leave. I couldn't stop him." I explained.

"Hmm...sadly I lost the king while searching for him. I heard someone fall, then I noticed Katrina on her bedroom floor." He said.

I looked down. I'm worried. If the killer is near him... I trembled at the thought.