7

I clamp my hand over Amelia's mouth, trying to shut her up as the footsteps get closer.
  "Hey Bubba! Look at this jewelry." A dangerously close voice shouts. Oh he better not be taking my moms stuff. A second pair of equally heavy footsteps creak on the stairs as another fatso enters the upstairs of my house. I flick my flashlight on, careful to keep the light behind the boxes as I feel around for the toolbox my parents always kept somewhere back here. Amelia is still freaking out, but at least she's quiet for now. Finally I find the toolbox and open is slowly and silently. I wrap my hand around the handle of the hammer and flick my light back off. At least I feel a bit safer now that I have what could possibly pass for a weapon. I hear a crashing sound, these rednecks are trashing the place! My fear begins to be replaced by anger, it's only been a couple hours and people are already throwing the law away?! I begin to crawl towards the door of the crawlspace after I hear them in a different room of the house.
  "What are you doing??" Amelia whispers.
   "They are taking all the supplies we need, and it's my friggin house!" I slowly push the door open and step out. I grip the hammer tightly in my shaky hand and begin to move towards the door. Amelia crawls out behind me.
  "Stay behind the bed." I say as I walk closer to the door of my parents bedroom. I step into the hallway and two giant guys and one equally giant lady stare at me from the end of the hallway.
   "Get outta my house!!" I yell and immediately regret it. Their eyes widen and one of them laughs a little.
   "Or what?" I see a bag of our camping stuff in his hands. They obviously don't see me as a threat because they go back to raiding my stuff. I run into the crawlspace and feel around for my old BB gun. My hand lands on it and I pull it out. I'm relieved to see there are still some BBs in it and I immediately run back to the hallway. The lady waves at me sarcastically as she smashes one of my pictures on the wall.
   "Is that a gun?" One of the guys pops his head out of the room they're stealing from.
   "Mhm." I say as I aim it right at his eye. I pull the trigger and it hits his forehead. He roars in anger and charges at me but I just shoot him in the face again.
"Stay back fatty!" I yell and although it's just a BB gun, I feel pretty tough.
"Just get outta the house! It's only been a couple hours and I'm sure there are still police out there!!"
"It's not worth it." The lady says and they reluctantly wallop down the stairs. Well I'm keeping this gun with me from now on.