Introducing My New Best Friend

Your POV:

"(Y/N)? Wake up, we're going shopping!!" Jack called up to me.

I woke up in my bed, Jack must've carried me here, he's so sweet. Though I do feel really ashamed and extremely disappointed in myself. Not for doing what I did, but for being careless enough to let Jack find out. I hope he didn't tell the others. They go home tomorrow, so I guess we'll be doing a lot of stuff today, to make it a bit of a send-off. It's kinda stupid really, cause well see em' again. But I guess it's nice as well. Plus I get to go out and explore my hometown. I'd never really been outside of the orphanage. So this is just as much of a tour for me as it is for Mark, Pewds and Cry.

"Okay, lemme' just get dressed!!" I called back.

Apparently there were already clothes in my wardrobe as I opened it and found a small array of awesome new shirts, jeans and whatnot. I pull on some skinny, ripped black jeans, a game grumps shirt with a black and red flannel tied around my waist. I brush my hair and let's it simply hang wavy over my left shoulder, and prop my glasses up, blinking in the change. Throwing on my white vans (Damn Daniel) I made my way downstairs.

I was greeted instantly with a hug from Jack. Obviously he was thinking about last night, but luckily he didn't say a word on it.

"Morning!." He said cheerfully.

"Morning." I replied back, my voice somehow steady.

Jack released me and gestured to the cereal on the counter. Can you guess what cereal it is?

If you guessed lucky charms...kudos.

But I ate em' anyway, you're always gonna need that sugary goodness as soon as you wake up. Especially if you're living with the overly energetic Boss himself. I put my bowl and spoon in the sink and went into the living room, where the boys were all vercing eachother on COD. I picked up a controller and joined in, killing Mark instantly.

"WHAT THE FUCK!?" He screeched. Then respawning and seeking me out.

I killed him again.

But at the same time, Cry got me with the sniper. I brushed it off, purposely letting Mark see that it didn't get to me, or even if it did, that I didn't throw a tantrum. He must've noticed because then he got even more flustered. Cry's expression was of course unreadable, but Felix's face was pure red trying not to laugh. Jack was simply laughing his ass off. That was until I killed him.

#TIME SKIP- Cuz I'm a lazy barrel#

The shopping centre was huge. And I'm not even exaggerating. There were shops within shops within shops. (That's stores). Clothes. Food. Games. Animals. Clothes. Food. Food. Clothes. Food. Oh where shall we go first?? I looked up at Jack, my eyes asking the question.

"Well, we have all day, and we're pretty much spending all of our money on you. So...wherever you want to go and whatever you want." He said.

My eyes lit up with an instant and admiring flame. I have, never, had anything nice done for me before. So now, four beautiful creatures, one of them being my adoptive Dad, are going to spend all their money on me. I really don't want them to buy me anything. But at the same time, I didn't want to seem like I was to good for their money. And clearly it would make them happy if they bought me something. They were all practically Dad's to me. Or maybe, Felix is the cool, fabulous Uncle. Cry is the Cousin I get along with because he seems like a douche but I'm the one who knows he's just a big softy. Mark is like a big brother, the one who will defend his little sister and fight the playground bullies for her. Of course Jack is my Dad. He may not be a father figure to many people, but he sure as hell is to me.

"Kay. Umm...a clothes shop, I guess??"

"Which one??" Mark asked.

"Umm...I don't know any." I admitted.

At that moment, Felix pushed his way through Jack and Cry and stood with one hand on his hip, his leg bent so his toes were touching the floor and his other hand waving majestically next to his face.

""Girl, Fabulous Uncle Felix is here to save the day. You need fashion? I'm your Bro. You need style? I'm your bitch. And if you need Fab??" He then smiled genuinely. "I'm your Uncle Pewds. Come on. Let's make you fabulous."

He then took my hand a dragged me off I know not where. Well, it was a clothes shop, but I don't know which one. Apparently it was called Hot Topic. (I have no idea if that place exists in Ireland. Just...go with it).

#Another time skip-sorry guys I just, feel a bit down today, I don't wanna let it affect my writing but I've been putting this chapter off for too long and I wanna give you guys something. We're still in the shopping centre. Mark, Pewds and Jack have gone to buy some games, (Y/N) is left with Cry.#

It had been hours since we got here. We had to make several trips back and forth to the car to put the bags in there. I had more clothes than I could wear in a lifetime. More games than I would ever be able to complete. Furniture for my room along with computers and consoles galore. I had definitely spent my weight in gold, but they kept pressuring me to buy more. Especially Jack, probably because of what he saw. But finally, I had told them enough is enough and I wouldn't have a room to sleep in of we kept this up. Of course Jack said he would sleep on the couch and I would have his room. But of course I said no, kindly.

Apparently, however, three out of four of the boys still weren't done. As Jack, Mark and Felix ran off, again, to Gamestop, I was left with Cry. I liked Cry though. He was the grumpy on the outside, soft of the inside, caring if he cares about you kinda guy. He'd bought me quite some stuff too. Not as much as the others but I didn't blame him.

"Hey, kid, wait here a minute." He ordered gently.

I nodded my head and leaned against the wall, shoving the shopping bags closer to me as if I had to defend them with my life. (Have any of you ever done that as well??) After a few moments, Cry came back holding something. Then, that something started to wriggle, and then popped it head up. IT WAS A KITTEN!! It was a soft, dark grey with lighter grey patches, white patches, black patches and two, owl-like, golden eyes. It looked up at me pleadingly and opened its mouth in a quiet wail.

"Oh my god...it's so cute!! What are ya gonna call it??"

"You mean, what are you gonna call him?" He corrected.

I gasped quietly.

"R...really??" I asked, shocked.

"Of course. I wanted to give you a present to remember me by. After all, I'm leaving tomorrow." He explained sadly. He really didn't wanna leave. And I didn't want him to either. I take it back, he's like a brother too.

"Well then," As said as Cry handed me the kitten. "I think I'll call him...Smile!!"

"Smile??"

"Yup. Cause that way, when I'm sad, he'll be there to comfort me and remind me to be happy and smile. And then he'll also remind me of you, because crying is the complete opposite of smiling."

"Damn. You make it sound like my name is depressing."

"Then maybe I'll call him, Smyan."

"I'm even more confused."

"I'll call him smile for a nickname. But Smyan is a mix of two very meaningful words. Meant for you as well."

"And what are they??"

"Smile Ryan."