Introducing A Friend And Going Home

Your POV:

Okay. Everything is packed and ready to go. Well, when I say everything, I mean two pairs of jeans, four shirts and my laptop. Like, I literally have fuck all. Anyway, now that I'm ready, time to head downstairs and set off home with my new Dad.

Dad...

Should I call him that yet? Would he appreciate it? Or would it be too soon? I suppose I should just call him Jack for now, maybe Sean if he let's me, then call him Dad when the time is right. He'd really appreciate it then. It would be a memory and a moment never to forget. Hopefully. I just hope it doesn't hurt him that I don't start calling him Dad straight away.

As I head down, my suitcase bashing against every step, I feel something hit the back of my neck. I look down to find the same stone that was thrown at me earlier. I turn around just to be punched in the face and have my legs swept from underneath me. My chin hits the ground and I split my lip open, blood gushing out. With a quick glimpse, I could see Veronica lifting her foot above my head. I quickly rolled out of the way and flipped onto my feet. Quickly, I plunge my foot into Veronica's shin, making her collapse and cry out in pain. A fist collides with my cheek and I suddenly charge into Victor, who, surprised, didn't have time to fight back as I rammed him into the wall and smashed his head against it. Luckily it was drywall, so it made a hole. I didn't wanna kill anyone...yet. I was about to make my move on Sandra and Clyde, but then realised that they had run off and were watching from the top of the stairs like cowards. Picking up my bag, and the stone, I turned back to them.

"Thanks for this. I'll keep it. And then I have something to remember your failed abortion faces. Ta-ta!!"

And then I swiftly made my exit.

I saw Jack still filling in the paperwork, he was more concentrated than I've ever seen him. Right on cue, however, he smiled proudly, clicked the pen, put it down and sighed happily. I coughed. He turned around.

"WHAT TE' FUCK HAPPENED TO YOU!!??" He screeched.

"Some douchebags. I got em' back tho."

"I'm proud of ya'."

"Why thankyou!!"

"Well then, (Y/N) (Y/M/N) Mcloughlin, everything is sorted out. Would ya' like ta' go home now?"

"I would. Yes. Very much. Of course. Indeed. Please."

"Haha, well then let's go!!" He took my suitcase like a gentleman and headed towards the door. I just started to follow him when I was tapped on the shoulder. I turned around to find Tori looking at me with a forlorn, almost lost, expression.

"Hey Tori, what's up?" I asked, concerned.

"It's just...you're the only person here that I don't mind. And...I'm gonna be all alone now that you're leaving. I know we haven't talked much or anything but...I was hoping...that we could be friends. But I was too scared to ask and you never seemed like the person to open up to people. But I saw you with Jack then, and I realised, you're actually really nice. And I'm sorry that I didn't realise sooner. We could've been friends." She whispered sadly.

Oh god. All this time she wanted to be friends...she was a lot like me...god, I feel like such a dick.

"Hey, I, Uh...we can be friends, still...I guess...if you want to??"

"Really?" She asked hopefully.

Now Tori, was kind of a goth. Black hair. Black clothes. Black make-up. Black jewellery. Black everything. Even the dark screamo music. I was not goth. I liked the colour Black. And there were some occasional screamo bands that I didn't mind. Like Foo fighters and Starset. And Tori was cool. She was almost exactly like me. I believed we could be good friends.

"Of course. We can arrange some days just to hang out if ya want??"

"I'd love to!!" Wow. Even for a goth, she's quirky and bright. Oh we are going to get along swell.

"(Y/N)??" Jack called.

"I'm coming Jack, one sec." I called back. "So, I'll see you around at some point?"

"Sure. I understand you'll have to settle in to our new home first. Good luck with your new Dad. From what I've seen, he's a good guy."

We gave eachother a quick hug and parted ways, Tori heading back to her room and myself heading over to Jack, who was politely holding the door open for me.

"Thankyou." I said as I walked past him.

"No problem kiddo." He smiled and lex the way to his car.

I wasn't sure where I should sit. The back or the front? So I just stood there awkwardly while Jack put my suitcase in the boot. (That's trunk to all you Americans. No offence intended if it seems that way). When he closed it, he noticed me standing there twiddling my thumbs.

"Ya' can sit in te' front if ya' wan'ta'." He offered.

I took the offer and slid into the passengers seat. Strapping myself in, I felt the stone dig into my thigh from my pocket. BDI...How could I forget? I took the stone out of my pocket and ran my thumb over the scratches. This poor stone. It's practically being forced to laugh and jeer in my face, even if it doesn't want to. I put it back into my pocket as Jack sat in the drivers seat.

"You got your seatbelt on?" He asked.

"Yup!!"

"Awesome!! Then let's go!!"

The car pulled out of the carpark and turned to the main road. While Jack was looking for a gap in the traffic, I looked back at the orphanage. This place has become so familiar. I haven't really known anywhere else. But, it's not my home anymore. I look up at the bedroom windows and see tori smiling and waving down at me. As Jack was finally able to pull in, I waved back and kept waving until the entire building was out of sight. Now then, time to go home. Home? Can I call it that yet.

"Well (Y/N) we're almost home."

I guess I can.