Mute

Senri

I call the headmaster, because that's what Kaname told me to do after Zero's surgery. Kaname went to check on Zero. I dial the headmaster's number, and the phone starts to ring.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"It's Senri, Zero is in the hospital."

"What?! What happened!"

"Well Kaname found him trying to kill himself again."

"Is he okay?"

"Yes, he just had surgery for a gash on his neck."

"What! I'm coming over!"

"Okay, bye," I say, and hang up.

I sit down next to Takuma and hold his hand.

Kaname

I walk into his room and see him still out. I sigh and slump down into a chair. I see his eyes flutter, then completely open. A nurse comes in.

"Oh good, you're awake. You won't be able to talk for two to three days, because you damaged some of your vocal chords, don't try speak until two days have passed. Here, so you can communicate," she says and gives him a notebook and pen. The headmaster and Yuki come in.

"Zero are you okay?" Yuki asks.

Zero nods.

"Why would you do that to yourself, I mean it's a hunter's weapon?" the headmaster asks.

We watch him as he writes. It says:

I don't want live anymore. Life is painful, depressing, and boring. I don't have any reason to live. Plus, pretty soon I'm going to fall to a level E, I don't see the sense in prolonging my life.

We're all shocked.

"I can make your life worth living." I suggest.

Go to hell. He writes.

"Fine." I say and walk out.

First published March 28, 2016 at 10:56 PM