Cought In Time

Kaname

"Quick Senri, go to the Headmaster's," I say.

"Okay.." he replies.

It's a long and excruciating ride. No one even talked. We pull up and I rush in.

Zero

Just one of his friends. That was just fricken cruel. Whatever, I just give up. What's the least painful way to die...? I search for a knife, but remember I always keep one in my top drawer. I hear someone coming through the door, but I ignore them. I put knife up to my throat. Just as I draw blood, Kaname busts into my room. He rushes over but I plunge the knife in half an inch. He stops me before I could go any further. I start coughing, blood is running down my neck, and staining my shirt. He picks me up and carries me bridal-style to a car parked in the driveway. He gets in the back seat, and sets me down next to him, my head lying on his lap. I notice the person driving is Shiki and sitting next to him is Takuma.

"Oh my god, what happened?" Shiki asks Kaname.

"He tried to end his life again."

"Why would he do that, w-wait, again?" Shiki screeches.

"He's tried before, but Yuki stopped him."

"Still why would he do that?"

"Because he loves me."

"And?" Ichijo asks.

"And, I don't love him back."

We sit in silence the rest of way, until I start to cough out blood.

"Go quicker Senri," Kaname growls.

"I'm going," he replies and speeds up.

When we get to the hospital, I'm rushed to the ER. I feel a needle go into my arm, I drift into a dark abyss.

Kaname

He closes his eyes and they send him in for surgery. A nurse comes and tells us that she would like to ask us some questions.

"Do you know if someone did this, or if I was self-inflicted?"

"He did it to himself." Takuma replies.

"Were you there when this happened?"

"No, I came in and saw him doing this, but I stopped him," I answer.

"Do you have any idea why he would do this?"

I sigh, "Yes, it's a long story."

"Go on."

"This happened once before, you see he likes me, but I don't like him back. I told him that, so I think he gets depressed and hurt. I think he's trying to put himself out of his misery."

"It sounds like he has depression, and it sounds like you should just give him a chance."

She goes away, then comes back with a small bottle.

"Here, if you don't want to be with him, give him these," she says, while giving me the bottle.

"What are they?" Senri asks.

"They're depression pills."

"He won't take them," I say.

She shrugs, waves, and heads off.

I should give him a chance? He does really love you if he'd rather die than be without you. Still...I can't be with someone who doesn't value their life. Maybe. Maybe I'll give him a chance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: How are u liking this so far? I know right now you're probably thinking, They're vampires, don't they lust for blood? And they're in a hospital, how are they controlling themselves? Yes, they did lust for blood, and these vampires have a lot of practice being around blood, is it doesn't bother them as much, but it is still difficult for them. Bye guys!
First published March 28, 2016 at 5:04 PM