Chapter 2

I stretched as I finished the homework I was given which on queue made my stomach started to growl.

'Now seriously! Ward please still be passed out' I begged as I opened my door and walked into the kitchen which was next to the living where Ward was passed out. I look over to the couch to see if Ward was still is is a hole coma only to see it empty.

"Shit!" I whisper as I grab the first piece of food I could get my hands on so I could quickly get back into my room. I grabbed the packed of half eaten chips and silently walked towards my bedroom but it was too late.

I gasped as Ward grab my wrist and smashed me against the wall, "Where were you going Jen" Ward hissed

"N-nowhere" I stuttered '.
"Are you sure? Don't lie to me Jen" he shouted in my ear.
"I promise, I promise I wasn't going anywhere' I cried as I averted my gaze from his wicked fire lit eyes.
Ward slowly let me down from the wall and as my feet hit the ground I felt the stinging sensation across my face as he took the chips out of my hands.

"Go into your room I don't want to see you again tonight or else you end up with something worse than a snake across your face" he grumbled as I run to my room and lock my door. My hungry now faded into fear.

I hoped into my old creaky bed and quickly went under the covers. I try and hold back my tears.

" Why dose this have to happen to me? Why can't one good thing happen to me please that is all I ask for even if it's just for a little while" I whispered in my pillow as warm tears fell down my face. Slowly I drift off to sleep.

"Jennifer come on sweetheart me an your father know you can do it' my mother encouraged me as my father pushed my bike away as I tried to ride it with out training wheels for the first time.
"Your Doing it! Your doing it! That's my Girl" My Dad shouted out as I smiled. However that happy dream of a memory quickly fades as bangs filled my head.

"JENNIFER WAKE UP'" Wade shouted as he banged on my door .

"I'm Up I'm Up"I quickly shouted back to avoid him coming into my room.

"Good I need you to get me a 6 pack of CocoCola and 2 packs of chips and be back home by 3 or there will be a consequence' Ward said harshly.

I swiftly got ready as I dressed into my favourite outfit a black graphic harry potter shirt , grey jeans, leather black bag and my classic red vans. I put my phone, makeup and wallet in to my bag and walked in to the kitchen wear I could see a $20 bill and a small list on the kitchen bench, at least he gives me money to get food I thought as I walked out of my house.

I had just finished shopping as I walked out to a beautiful warm afternoon, well that was until I heard 3 girls laughing and snickering.

"Oh Hi Jen, can you say hi to your brother for me he hasn't called me back yet" the awful witch Autumn said cutely as I sighed.

"Sure I'll will tell him" I tried to say nicely to avoid any further contact with power craving high school queen.

"Well thats a good girl! Yout just like his dog what are they called again? ... Oh yeah a bitch!' Glimmer said with a laugh.

"Hahahaha, good one Glimmer' Autumn said with Cherry nodding with a agreement.

Before I could say anything the crossing the road light change to green as we walked across the street.
Like most street lights the light soon changed while we where only half way across the street. Which Cherry saw as a perfect opportunity to stick her foot out which I tripped over and landed on the ground in the middle of the road. I looked up to see Autumn, Cherry and Glimmer smiling and waving to me on the other side of the road. I started to get up but as i was I looked to the right to see a black car a centimetre from my face I quickly turned but it was too late as everything went black.