Chaper 4

Pinestar woke up to a chilly morning. The ferns in the medicine cats den had turned a crisp orange and leaves of flame had settled on the floor. He yawned and stretched. It has been 3 days since the battle and Bluebellbreeze told him that he could leave this morning. He limped to the camp clearing to see it normally buzzing with cats . Scarletscar sat beneath the highrock and nodded at him as Pinestar sat down next to him. 'I've looked after the camp while you were resting' Scarletscar spoke first.
'Thank you Scarletscar. You've done a great job. I've always known that you were the right deputy.' Pinestar said. The brown Tom looked at him with proud eyes before standing to his paws.
'I'll go out and lead a hunting patrol' He said before walking off. Pinestar closed his eyes and breathed in the fresh leaf-fall smell. Leaf-bare is right around the corner and today was one of the last promising sunny days. He opened his eyes to see Sootpaw arriving through the gorse tunnel. He was carrying a rabbit and 2 voles. He caught Pinestars gaze and placed his catch in the freshkill pile before bounding up to him and sitting beside him. 'Did you see what I caught?!' He exclaimed , his eyes gleaming with happiness. 'Yes!' Pinestar licked his ear in pride' Your shaping up to be a fine warrior!!' 'Thanks dad!!' Sootpaw then bounded of to Thunderpaw and finchpaw to boast about his catch. Pinestars mind drifted to this dream with his father.
Flashback
Pinepelt could hear the enemy cats paws growing louder behind him , but he kept running. 'Pine pelt hold on!!' Pinepelt spun round to see his father tackling a huge mist clan warrior. His fathers muscles rippled under his shiny black pelt. He tore deep wound in its neck and left it to bleed on the floor before rushing to Pinepelt. 'Are you ok son?' He asked , searching him . 'I'm OK father; thank you' Pinepelt felt resurged by his fathers warmth. His father spun around to the other 2 remaining cats who had both sunk back into the shadows. 'Lets get back to camp' His father spoke , leading the way. 'You can't catch me!!' Pinepelt yowled, over talking ebonystar(his father) and running ahead. 'Oh I think I can!!' His father caught up with him and tackled Pinepelt with sheathed paws. They rolled around , swelling up clouds of sand as they tumbled down the ravine. Suddenly Ebonystar was forced of him and flung to the top of the revive. On of the cats had been following them. An evil grin spread accross his face as he approached Pinepelt slowly. Pinepelt sprang at the huge tabby , digging his claws deep into his pelt. YYYOOOWWWLLL!!!! The tabby twisted its self to face Pinepelt and swiped it claws accross his ear; leaving a big < in the side. Pinepelt than sank his teeth in its neck and ripped it open, before his component went limp. He then sprang up the ravine to see the enemy's jaws dripping blood and his father laying on the floor. Pinestar let out a little battle cry and stood over his father. The enemy looked weak and he had a big gash on his flank. The Tom gave a grunt of defeat before rushing off into the leaves. 'Father?!' Pinestar crouched and nudged his shoulder 'pine.....pelt.........' 'N..no father !! Please don't go ..... I'll get somebody I promise just hold on !!' 'There is no time.....' 'But i need you.... You made me deputy but I'll make a terrible leader! Please ...' 'This is my fate Pinepelt.... I love you....' Ebonystar a body went limp and he exhaled his last breath. 'F...father?....' Tears streamed down his cheek. He threw back his head ' NO!'

'Pinestar?' He opened his eyes to see Snowclaw. 'Oh hello Snowclaw' he wiped his cheek with his forpaw 'what is the matter?' His friend asked. 'Ebonystar....' Pinestar began 'I know what it's like to lose somebody you love' Snowclaw licked his ear. 'You are not alone' 'I know' Pinestar straitened himself up. 'I'm going hunting . Will you come with me?' 'Just like the old days' Snowclaw sighed.

Sorry for the short chap. I will write more soon
Cookie out 🍪