chapter 1

Akito, Estelle, and Vincent were visiting Felicity as it was a normal day and their parents were gone for a while.

"I wish we could go back in time for the Debutante Ball at Eloise's home," Estelle said. "It sounds so glamorous..."

"I can't find any time travel spells in my book..." Akito said. "I might not be looking hard enough though..."

Felicity looked back to her cousins. "What if I told you that my papa has a device to take us back in time?"

"We'd say that you're the best cousin ever!" Estelle smiled.

Felicity grinned and she ran down one hallway. Akito, Estelle, and Vincent then followed their cousin as fast and as the best they could.

Felicity came into her father's bedroom and tiptoed inside as her cousins followed behind her, following suit, she then came to a box that was by her father's enormous pipe organ, she clicked the box open and took out a locked up pocket watch and opened it to show them that it was no ordinary watch, but it could take them into different times. "Papa had this so he could visit Maman back when she wasn't allowed to have contact with him after I was born."

"Cool." Akito smiled.

"So, we can go to any time, any place, any day with that thing?" Vincent asked.

"Oui," Felicity nodded as she started to wind it up. "Just tell me when the Debutante Ball at the Plaza Hotel was and we will meet Eloise there."

"I think we should go a little before then, that way we have time to coordinate outfits and have a family reunion..." Estelle suggested.

"Yeah." Akito and Vincent agreed.

Felicity set the watch to about a week before the ball at the hotel and she had her cousins join hands so they could all travel back in time. Once they all joined hands, they were all ready to go back in time.

"Here we go!" Felicity called as she hit the top of the watch.

The four kids then disappeared in a bright light that took them back in time, but not too far back. Forte came into his music room with papers and looked around, feeling something off, but he was not sure what.

Akito, Estelle, Felicity, and Vincent ended up in New York City where their cousin had lived and they were in front of the Plaza as it looked quite busy on the outside so far.

"Looks like it worked." Estelle smiled.

"I just love New York..." Akito said. "The bright lights, the big buildings... It's a wonderful sight..."

"Hopefully we can go around okay... Stay close to me..." Felicity warned as she put the pocket watch in her dress pocket as they safely crossed the street as the doorman welcomed guests into the hotel.

"This is going to be so exciting." Estelle smiled.

The doorman nodded to the kids, then looked curious of the four children who were going around without adult supervision, but he didn't stand in their way.

They came into the lobby and looked around as guests were checking in and checking out, nearly flooding and swarming the lobby. The four kids kept looking all around for the blonde girl who was a permanent guest in the hotel and usually caused mischief and mayhem, but the employees were forced to endure it. Some of course liked Eloise, some did not, but either way, it was just how the city child lived.

"Where do you think she is?" Felicity whispered as she was nowhere to be found so far.

"If you were Eloise, where would you be?" Vincent asked.