Chapter 6

Naoki POV
I woke up in my bed, with lots of balloons and a 'get well soon' card on my nightstand. was I sick? I get up from my bed, and I see that there's already a change of clothes waiting for me. I quickly get dressed and go downstairs to see my mother cooking breakfast. She nearly had a heart attack when she saw me, dropping her plate of fresh pancakes.
"You're awake?"
"Yea?" I replied, a little snobbishly
"Honey, the doctors said-" My mother was cut off, by father who I didn't notice sitting in the corner.
"The doctors said he'd wake up on his own." He continued to whisper something in my mothers ear I couldn't quite hear.
Naoki's Father POV
"The doctors instructed us not to say a word to him about what happened. The trauma gave him very severe memory loss, and telling him everything all at once could make his condition worse." She looked at me with a heavy heart.
"He has a right to know what happened." I let out a long sigh, and took another look at my son, standing in the doorway to our kitchen.
"If you cared about Naoki's health at all, which I know you do, you'd drop the subject." She hung her head low, offering pancakes to Naoki, who politely refused. She looked at me one last time before moulin the words, '"I'm sorry"
Naoki POV
I Hadn't the slightest clue what they were talking about. I eventually realized I was wearing a bracelet, a hospital bracelet to be exact. "Akademi General Hospital 3/14/16 Naoki Katu"
"Three days? Have I been asleep since Saturday?"
"Y-yes, you were in an accident honey." I could tell there was something my mother wasn't telling me, but my head hurt so bad I guess I forgot to ask what kind of accident.
"You're boyfriends in the other room though. When were you going to tell us you had a boyfriend?" I looked at my mom like she was crazy.
"Boyfriend? What are you talking about?"
"You must not remember I guess, but that alright" My father pulled me over to him.
"You don't have to be ashamed son, it's alright, no matter who you love, we'll always be your parents." I knew my parents weren't homophobic, in fact they're very understanding. But a boyfriend? I think I would have remembered if I had one. I decided to see for myself. I walked into the living room, and there he was on my couch. He looked rather familiar. Why did he remind me of a trash can? I could of sworn I saw him near one, or something. I walked in and stared at him for a good moment, but I still couldn't remember who he was, and it made me feel a little guilty even. After a while, he finally spoke.
"So um, Naoki. You don't, You don't remember me at all, do you?"
"No"
He gave me a smile that chilled me to the bone
"That's okay. I still love you."
I smiled back, but somehow this all felt wrong.
"I love, I love you too"