Chapter 9

Tuesday

~Tanya's POV~
I get up and get ready for school. I eat and get dressed and leave the house. I go through class until lunch. "Tanya over here!" I look and see Sharika sitting at a table waving. I sit next to her and notice the boy across from her is staring at me. "Sharika? Who is this?" "Oh that's Donte. Donte why are you staring you know it's not polite and you have a girlfriend." "Yeah be she's annoying I'm looking for another girl and it looks like your friend might be the one. What's your name?" "I'm Tanya." I say blushing a little. "Hi Tanya." Suddenly this girl comes over and sits next to him. "Hey Donte, what's up?" "Oh hey Teri." "What's wrong baby?" "Nothing." He looks down at his phone and Teri eyes me. "And who are you?" Who does this bitch think she is talking to me like that? "I'm Tanya." She snorts and looks back at Donte. "Who are you texting?" "My friend." Teri leans over his shoulder and looks at his phone. "Hey, mind your own damn business." I say getting annoyed at her. "And who do you think you are talking to me like that?" "How would you feel if someone was looking at your phone without you knowing? I'd be pretty annoyed. So maybe you could just scoot over and mind your business." Teri glared at me and left the table. "Wow thanks Tanya." "Ah it's nothing. Just helping out a friend." We made eye contact and neither one of us looked away. The bell rang for class. "Ok love birds we have to get to class." Said Sharika waving her hand in front of us. "The fuck? Love birds?" I said getting up. Sharika started laughing and I just rolled my eyes.

~After School~

Me and Sharika are walking to the trap house. I wonder what my task is today. I got kind of excited and smiled to myself. "Hey what you smiling about?" "I'm excited for my job Randy wants me to do." We make it to the house and Randy is already standing outside waiting for us. "Hey finally Tanya you're here!" I dap him up and we walk inside. "Ok so what do you need me to do?" "There is this neighborhood and I need you to make a delivery there." "Sounds easy. Where is this place at?" "It's that place on the bad side of town. We just call it The Hood." As soon as Randy said The Hood my eyes widened. Now I haven't been in L.A. for that long but I have heard of this place and people at school say that it's the worst and that you could get shot there. There are lots of gangs and fights going on there too. I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Tanya if you don't think you can do it it's ok. We can just find someone else." Said Sharika. I shook my head. "Nah, I got this." Randy handed me the weed and a gun. "You got something dark you can put on over that shirt? There is a gang that wears white and if they catch you they'll want to fight since your not part of their gang." "Yeah I brought a black jacket with me in my bag." I put on my jacket on and made sure my gun was loaded. "Ok so you need to give the weed to a man. He will be at the far end of the neighborhood standing under a street light wearing a red jacket with the hood on. Ok?" "Got it. And how much am I supposed to get from this guy?" "That batch of weed right there is 60 dollars. When you get back I'll split it with you." I nodded and pulled my hood over my head and left.

This chapter was a little short but I'll make the next one longer for you guys. Please continue to vote and comment.