Chapter 14

~Nicki's POV~
I hear Tanya walk up the stairs slowly after she ate dinner. "What's up with her?" Asks Drake looking at me. "She saw her dad today and she's pretty upset." Drake's phone rings and he pauses the TV. "Oh, it's one of my..uh..friends." "It's OK go ahead." He gets up and goes to the kitchen. I head to the bathroom and when I came back Drake is still not on the couch. "That boy is still on the phone?" I start to feel a little suspicious. I walk up to the entrance of the kitchen quietly and listen.

Drake:I acually can't come out right now I'm at a friend's house. We are watching the game.

Girl's Voice

Drake:Haha, bae you're funny.

Girl's Voice

Drake:Ok, hmm lemme see, maybe we can see a movie later?

Excited Girl's Voice

Drake:Yeah, we can go out to eat too.

Girl's Voice

Drake:Ok see you at 8, bye babe.

I come around the corner. "Who the hell was that?" I think I startled him a little because he almost dropped his phone when he turned around. "I told you just one of my friends." He tried to walk past me but I blocked his way. "First, lose the attitude, second tell me who that was on the phone." "It was just a friend." "So you must be gay?" "Huh, what are you talking about?" "I mean if it was one of your friends, you called him babe?" He fell silent and looked straight in my eyes. "Nicki please I love you don't..." I backed away from him. He reached and brushed my arm with his hand but I pushed him away. "Don't touch me!" I hear loud footsteps coming down the stairs. "What's wrong Nicki?" Asked Tanya. "Drake cheated." "N..no I.." "Shut up!"

~Tanya's POV~
"Shut up!" I walked up to Drake. "Did you hurt my mom?" Drake opened his mouth but nothing came out. "I'm so, so, sorry Nicki." Said Drake. I looked at the counter because I heard a vibration. Nick picked up the phone and looked at the name. "Camilla. I know her." "Really? From where?" I asked. "She went to me and Drake's high school. During all those years she has been stealing every single one of my boyfriends. They all cheated on me, for her." Tears came to her eyes I got her a tissue and made Drake leave. "I'm sorry that happened." Nicki wiped her eyes and looked at me. "It's ok. But what really makes me happy is that, you called me mom." I looked down. "Oh, yeah. You have been taking care of me when nobody wanted me. So when I realized that Drake didn't really want you then all those feelings came back to me and I was really in the moment and I called you, mom." "Well, thanks for helping me out." We hugged and I went back to bed.

~Nicki's POV~
I got up and noticed that Drake forgot his phone. I grabbed it and unlocked it and looked at his messages. "Damn, they've been texting for months. All behind my back. I'm so fucking blind." I started to get angry again so I set the phone down and went upstairs and went to bed.

Sunday

~Nicki's POV~
I woke and brushed my teeth and went downstairs. "Morning, T." I said as I walked past Tanya who was sitting at the table. "Morning, mom." I smiled to myself. "She finally calls me mom now." I take out my phone and I think of how right Safaree was about Drake. I decided to text him.

Me:Hey Safaree, what's up, Drake did cheat on me srry 4 not believing u.

Safaree:It's ok, mind if I come over??

Me:I don't mind.

Safaree:Ok I'll b over in 10

"Mom? Why are you smiling?" Asks Tanya looking confused. "Smiling?" I realize that I am smiling. "Is it because of Safaree? Nah." I start to get the ingredients out for pancakes when I hear a knock on the door. "Tanya can you get that for me?" I hear the door open and Safaree greeting Tanya. "Hey Nicki." "I missed that voice." "Hey Safaree." "Call me when breakfast is ready." Said Tanya as she walked out. "Ok!" Safaree takes a seat and checks his phone. "So what have you been up to?" I asked mixing the pancake batter. "Nothing much. Need help with that?" Safaree come up behind me and wrapped his arms around me and helped me stir the pancake mix. My cheeks turned really red. "Thank God he doesn't notice I'm blushing!" "Thanks I think that's good." He let's go and sits back down and I continue to cook. Five minutes later I call Tanya down to eat. I made enough for Safaree too so we all sat down and ate. We were all enjoying a conversation when my phone rang. I looked at the screen. It was Drake. "Nicki if you don't wanna answer then you don't have to." Said Safaree. "No, it's ok, I'll see what he wants." I walk out the room and answer.

Me:What do you want?

Drake:You.

Me:Why? You got Camilla right?"

Drake:Yeah, but, your better than her.

Me:Well too bad, you lost me.

Drake:Nicki please I'm sorry.

Me:No Drake I'm not coming back to you.

Drake:Did you get another boyfriend already?

Me:No.

Drake:Then I will make you want me again.

Me:Haha,ok but it's not gonna work.

Drake:Nicki please..

Me:Drake I gotta go I'm having breakfast with Tanya and Safaree.

Drake:Safaree?

Me:Yeah so I gotta go. Bye.

I hang up the phone and head back to the table. "What did he say?" Asked Tanya. "He said he's sorry for cheating and that he's gonna make me want him again." I sigh and roll my eyes at the thought of going back to him. "Nicki? Are you ok?" Asked Safaree. I looked up from my plate and realized I was crying. "It's just that I don't get why he would cheat on me. I loved him so much. I never hurt him and I've never lied to him. I just don't get it." Safaree got up and sat next to me and put his arm around me. "It's ok Nicki. Everything will be fine." I lean over and cry into Safaree's chest. Tanya brings me a box of tissues and goes to wash the dishes.

~Safaree's POV~
"Poor Nic, I have to make her feel better." "Nicki you have to just forget about him." She wipes her face and looks up at me. "But it's hard to forget a whole 2 year relationship." She started crying again and I hugged her tightly rocking back and forth. She continues to cry, tugging on my shirt. "I feel so bad for her. Maybe this will make her feel better." I lean down and kiss her head. In a couple seconds she stops crying and looks up at me and smiles. I smile back, my cheeks getting hot. "Maybe I'll finally have a chance with her!" "Do you maybe want to go out for dinner tonight? Just me and you." She wipes her face and nods her head yes. "I would love to. How about 8?" "Fine with me. Well I'd better get going. I have to do some grocery shopping. I know it sounds lame." Nicki chuckles and we both bust out laughing.

~Nicki's POV~
I walk Safaree to the door and I give him a hug and he leaves. I walk to the table and sit back down. "What was so funny? And where's Safaree at?" Asked Tanya. "It was nothing and he left a couple minutes ago." I got a text and looked at my phone.

Safaree:Be sure to dress nice. We're going to a fancy restaurant.

Me:Lol ok.

"Mom, your smiling again. And are you blushing?" "I got a date with Safaree." I said smiling at Tanya. "I knew it! I knew you liked him!" "Chill lil girl I'm not sure if I like him or not. I just wanna be his friend for now and see how it goes." "Mhm. Anyway let's find you an outfit!"

So Nicki and Safaree have a date. Maybe they'll get together maybe not I don't know. Will Drake try to take Nicki back?