Chapter 6

“That will teach you for trying to mess around with my cousin, you asshole,” Lisa said.

I climbed out of the car to see Jason lying on the ground after Lisa hit him over the head with her surfboard. I was surprise she had done that. I couldn’t be any more thankful for her saving me from getting raped by Jason.

“Thanks, Lisa. How did you know what he was doing to me?”

“I saw him hassling you and then I saw him shove you into the car.”

I smiled at her and then hugged her. Trevor and Noah Jay came running over to us. Both of them were wet. They looked at Jason lying on the ground and then looked at Lisa.

“Whoa, did you just knock Jason out, Lisa?” Noah Jay said.

“Yes, I did,” she said with a great big smile on her face.

“I surely don’t want to be my brother when he wakes up,” Trevor said.

“What happened?” Noah Jay asked.

I told them what happened that made Lisa hit Jason. Trevor suggested that we headed home even though we weren’t at the beach for every long. The boys lift up Jason and put him in the back seat. Lisa and Noah Jay sat in the back with him while I sat in the front with Trevor. I wonder how long he will be out of it.

We left the surfboards on top of the car once Trevor pulled up in front of his car. Noah Jay and Trevor carried Jason inside, carrying him up to his room. They dropped him down on his bed. Jasmine was underneath Jason’s bed and she hissed at us.

“Oh shut up, you stupid cat,” Trevor replied. I wanted to tell him to be nicer to his brother’s cat but I knew there was no point. Jason told me once how Trevor and the rest of his family didn’t like cats.

I picked up Jasmine and held her in my arms, stroking her back.

The phone from downstairs began ringing and Trevor went downstairs to answer it. Just as we were about to follow him out, Lisa let out a scream. Noah Jay and I turned to her. Jason had regain consciousness and was trying to strangle Lisa. Before he could kill her, Noah Jay punched him and he let go of my cousin. Lisa gasped for air and Noah Jay pulled her into a hug, patting her back.

I expected Jason to punch Noah Jay back or for him to yell at Jason, but neither of them did. Noah Jay hurried Lisa out of the room, leaving me alone with Jason. We eyed each other. I held Jasmine close to me. I figured Jason wouldn’t hurt me if I was holding onto his cat.

“Why did you do that to Lisa?” I asked him after a long silence.

“I did it to teach her a lesson for hitting me over the head with her surfboard.”

“You deserved it, you know.”

He frowned at me and walked towards me. Scared, I walked backwards until my back leaned against the wall. Jason continued to walk towards me. I held Jasmine close to me. I was afraid I was going to end up squeezing her to death because I was holding onto her too tightly. I didn’t mean to. I was just so scared, especially because I was pregnant and I didn’t want Jason to do anything that would cause a miscarriage.

“Whatever,” he replied, putting his face up close to me. “I’ll get Lisa back later when Noah Jay isn’t around. So I don’t get smacked in the head again.” He grabbed Jasmine from me and then walked out of the room.

I stood there, almost afraid to move. I couldn’t believe how much he changed since I left him. I wonder if he is doing this because he is mad at me for leaving him. If he was, he was being totally ridiculous with the way he was acting. I just hope he doesn’t do anything to Lisa like he said he was going to do.