The Truth

Truth is, she didn't. She didn't know a thing about what Steve was about to say to her about Dr. Cho. It couldn't be that important, she thought. But what if it is?

She took her time to think about it but she finally decided something; she had to see Helen Cho herself.

Dressed in a beige coat that hugged her waist perfectly and a pair of jeans with brown boots she strolled down the Avengers Facility, right to Dr. Cho's laboratory, where she found the doctor seemingly trying to concentrate pouring a purple liquid into a vial. Natasha simply waited outside the glass door until Helen Cho noticed her presence and exited her laboratory to see her.

"Is there anything I can help you with, Agent Romanoff?" The doctor asked politely. She looked tired, as if she hasn't slept in a while. She still looks gorgeous, though.

Natasha nodded. "Is there a chance that Steve asked you something recently?"

Dr. Cho's mouth formed an 'O' in understanding. "This is about the potion, isn't it?"

Natasha replied with a nervous nod.

Dr.Cho looked around the halls, making sure it was empty. "You were right. I did lie to you two that day but I only did so because you both needed a save. I was on my way on entering my office when I saw the four of you, seemingly arguing. I entered the room, the file I had in my hand was actually not the result I had of you two; it was Vision's medical record. "

"So what is the truth?"

Dr. Cho bit her lip. "It was true that the effect was only going to last two more days from that day, but the reason why you both wouldn't stop having sex with one another wasn't because you were mutually affected by it; it was because you were attracted to each other to begin with. So what you both have been doing while being under it was on mutual consent, too."

Natasha looked away. That's why Steve looked so betrayed, she thought. It was because he knew. He knew how she felt towards him too.

Not wanting to disrupt her privacy by asking her what was bothering her, Helen Cho decided to just say what's in her mind; "Look, I know it's none of my business but you two have always had this insane chemistry around each other. That's why I was baffled when I saw you getting closer to Doctor Banner, and when Steve started seeing Sharon Carter. Before you even started sleeping together people talked about how it was just a matter of time before you two take it a step further. Now, I don't know what's going on between you two right now, but whatever it is, just don't lose him; because never in my life I've seen a chemistry that strong between two people."

It took Natasha a while before she replied, "thank you for your time, Dr.Cho." and with that she walked away cooly, not giving away her real emotions to the slightest bit. She thought about what the doctor just said to her along the way. Was it all true? Did everyone else feel it? Did anyone else notice this? Did Clint? Boy, she wanted to ask him now. She did remember how Steve was staring at her and Banner when they were flirting on the bar at Tony's victory party that day. And after she'd climb the stairs she saw Steve saying something to Banner before leaving. She didn't think it was anything major at that time, but she kind of wonders what he might have said to Banner.

She was heading back to her room when she passed Steve. He kept on walking; seemingly on his way to his own quarter, too. Completely ignoring her on purpose, of course. But she stopped, and watched his back as he walked past her, unknowing that she was watching him.

She walked up to him and turned him around with her whole strength, pushed him to his door with a thump and kissed him hard.

----------------------------------