Chapter 19 - The Last Platform

The next went great.  I trained with Spencer and Peter, and now I'm pretty good at defending myself.  Sadly, no I did not magically learn how to use my water powers.  Too bad.

   Kissing.  That has been my favorite thing to do.  Every time I kiss Peter, I fall in love with him again.  It may sound super girly, but it's true.  I find it very amazing.

   Now, on this Wednesday night, I lie on the couch, my head on Peter's lap, my feet on the armrest of the couch.  We are just watching a comedy.  Everyone else is out, running errands.  All of them went out on a boat to go get supplies, food, and whatever else we needed.  

   "Kaylee, I need to go get you something."  Peter says out of nowhere.

   "That's great.  Why?"  I ask, still laying on him.

   "I want to get you a present for being amazing, of course."  He leans down and kisses me.  "Now get up.  I have to get it before it's too late."

   After a lot of grumbles, I finally get up.  Peter gives me a small peck goodbye than goes outside, gets on a boat, and leaves.

   I lie back down, my head now on a pillow, and resume the movie.  After about twenty minutes, the power goes off.  The whole house is dark, and I think I hear someone come in.

   Instead of being stupid and calling out, I grab the poker from the fireplace and stand up, ready to hit any one who comes near me.  If they are my friends, they will call out.

   I stand there completely still for about ten seconds when someone comes up to me and twists the wrist holding the poker.  After letting out a yelp of pain, I try to punch them, but all my fist hits is the wall.  And it hurts.  I let out a cry, and my heart is pumping so loud and fast, I'm sure everyone in the world hears it.  

   Someone comes up from behind me and grabs onto me.  I scream and thrash, trying to fight them off.  It doesn't stop until they hold a cloth up to my mouth and nose and my vision goes black.

   I'm in a field.  It has beautiful green grass and a huge oak tree in the middle of nowhere.  I see a silhouette and run up to it.  It's Ethan.  I cry out in joy.

   I grab him and hug him.  "I missed you so much!  Oh my gosh, I thought you were dead!"

   Ethan pushes me back, lightly, and looks at me.  "I am dead."  I let out a cry.  "It's alright, it doesn't hurt.  Honestly, the one who should be pitied is you.  Death isn't torture.  Living is.  Anyway, I need to tell you something."  He and I sit against the oak.  "You need to be strong.  You have to fight or else all will be lost.  All the souls, they'll be taken.  The people will be left alive, but it is not a gift.  It is torture.  They won't be able to be themselves, just robots.  That's why they need you."

   "But I can't even use my powers!"

   "That's because you are stronger.  The others, they are as powerful as they can get.  They only get their powers.  You get your powers and Amira's combined.  You are more powerful than ever imagined, since Amira was the strongest of the original four.  She will take control of you when it is needed."

   "How do you know this?  You didn't even know this stuff existed, before..."

   "There are a lot of things I've learned in death.  I now know more than I would have in my life."

   He goes to me and hugs me.  "As much as I loved seeing you again, it is now time to go.  Walk to the door to wake up."  He points behind me, and I look, only to discover a white door in the middle of the grass.