Chapter 1

My fingers run through my hair.

"Abby, I can't believe you haven't been hammered yet." Hailey says.

I look across our apartment to my best friend.

"I got hammered all the time in high school."

"When you and Liam broke up." She says.

I sigh. "Yeah."

Liam.

Just the thought of him gives me butterflies. I miss him.

I got through one semester of college in Florida and said fuck it. I switched everything to online, changed all my American money to Australian money, and I moved back to Melbourne.

I miss my family. I haven't seen them since I was nineteen. I'm twenty two. My phone number got changed, but before that, Liam and I agreed to just stop talking because it was way too painful to even see him in my recent messages.

I'm really close with my family right now, and Hailey's.

I told them though, that if Liam came into my life again, I'd up and move in a heartbeat.

They weren't mad.

Gran wasn't even mad.

When I got here, she saw how depressed I was without him.

I almost started doing drugs again.

And then I saw the books from Mum sitting on my desk.

I've been reading since.

Although nobody knows I cry myself to sleep every single night.

I miss Liam.

I miss Izzy. I miss Mum. I miss Dad.

Fuck, I even miss Lane.

But I miss Liam.

I miss his smile.

I miss his laugh.

I miss how protective he is.

I miss his unnecessary nagging and teasing. I miss when he pokes my sides to tickle me.

I miss his driving. Liam is a wild driver. I got my car brought here on a boat. It took a long time, but the boat was made for shipping things.

I miss him biting about how I drive.

Just miss him.

I miss his eyes though. They remind me of green swimming pools in July. They used to shine so bright when he looked at me. His smile always touches his eyes.

"Abby." Hailey sighs. "You're thinking about him again."

I smile with tears in my eyes.

"When am I not thinking about him?"

I almost flew out to Harvard more than once.

I have a ton of money saved from my job so I can fly home in case of an emergency.

It's hard to stay in contact with my family because it's a major time difference.

"I'm never going to move on." I whisper.

"I know." She squeees my hand. "It's gonna be okay."

"No. It's not. It might be good for a few hours, but at night, I lose it. He's my whole world."

"I'm afraid that he's moved on." I admit. "But I want him to. I want him to be okay. I want that for him."

"I know you do." She whispers.