Chapter 13

They moved in after a week. They live with my parents right now. Both my grandparents, my Aunt and uncle, Izzy, my parents, Sovereign, and Brody.

In my parents three bedroom house.

Liam is really irritated today. He texted me at six this morning and told me to come to the skyscraper today at his job so I can start work. He didn't say please or anything. I told him okay and he told me to wear whatever. I went for a casual sundress and flats. He told everyone at his work that I was coming to work for him.

Even the CEO is excited.

I'm pulling into parking now. I park next to him and get out.

Me: I'm here

Liam: okay coming

I take the elevator to the lobby and kinda stand around.

I'm super nervous.

A minute or so later, he comes strolling downstairs in a white button down and jeans. He's wearing my favorite jeans because they grip him in all the right places. His button down is tight around his biceps.

He's so sexy. All the workers in here are watching as he strolls over to me, his left hand in his pocket.

"Hey." He kisses my cheek.

"Hi." I say.

"You look nervous."

"Kinda." I shrug.

"Don't be. The boss is like Lane, but he's older. Besides, you don't have to deal with him. Technically, you work for me. My boss can't fire you without running it by me first."

I can tell by the way he's talking that I was right. He's in a bad mood.

I hate when Liam is in a bad mood.

He's always snippy.

He takes me around every floor, until finally, we reach the top. There's one more floor above us.

He walks me around up this floor, and then leads me to two wooden double doors.

He opens them.

"This is my office." He says.

He walks in and I follow him. Quietly, he shuts the door.

I walk over to the curtains and yank them aside. The sun is high in the sky.

Light floods into the room. I can see all of Tampa and all of Clearwater. I can even see Clearwater Beach and the ocean on the other side of it.

"You're in a bad mood today." I say.

"I'm just stressed." He says. "And irritated. Yeah, I guess bad mood is the right word." He sits down in his desk chair. I walk over to him.

"Why?"

"Last night my parents called me into the living room and.lecutred.me on coming home by midnight and saying that I need to clean my room, which was only messy because their cat fucking went in there and ripped apart one of my schoolbooks. I told them that I'm twenty two years old and they were like 'well you live in my house.'"

"It's not fair though. The mess was made because of their fucking cat. Now you have to go buy a really expensive book again."

"That's what I said. That book was five hundred dollars. I just want to get my own place."

"I'll help you look. That can be my assignment for the day." I say, rubbing his back.

"I don't want you to be my slave. I'm not going to ask you to do anything for me unless I really need help."