Chapter 24

We got a new doctor after one day, and this guy is very compassionate and caring.

It's been a week now. Liam hasn't left the bed yet.

"How about you guys try and go on a walk?" the doctor suggests.

"A walk." Liam repeats. "Can I walk?"

"You can walk." He nods.

He helps me get Liam on his feet, and he carries his IV with him, and he lets us walk alone.

I hold onto him.

He insists on going to the window, so I take him to the window, and he stares at the outside world. It's pouring today.

I let him look for a minute or so, but his face is starting to get pale.

"Alright, it's time to go back to the room."

"No, I want to look."

I kiss his arm.

"I know sweetheart, but you can't push yourself. Baby steps."

He nods, sighing, and let's me walk with him back to the room.

I get him situated back in bed.

<><>

He was in the hospital for two months straight. It's October 2nd now. He's staying with me at my house and I have him eating very healthy. He's been with me for around two weeks. He's doing really well. He's almost back to normal. The wound is healed.

He has a checkup tomorrow.

I still won't let him go do things.

"Can we go to the park?" He asks. "I haven't left the house in a week."

His Mum did invite us over to have dinner with the rest of the family tonight. I told her no because he still has some pain. She's very patient and was okay with it, but he's desperate to get out of the house.

He's been staying at my place.

His eyes study mine. "Please?" He smiles.

I hesitate, and then give in, sighing.

"We're not going to the park. We can go somewhere else."

I watch over him as he showers and dresses, and I shower and dress after he does.

"We could've showered together." He says.

I shake my head, pulling my jeans and t-shirt on.

"No. We couldn't." I say.

He doesn't look happy. I put on shoes and throw my wet hair into a bun. I get my keys, purse, and wallet, and I add all his meds and anything he could possibly need.

"Let's go."

<><>

He was glued to the window as I drove.

He got so excited when we got here.

"Oh my god! People!"

"Liam, just, I want you to please take it easy."

"I will." He says.

I get my things and get out. He's already out. I follow closely behind him.

I open the front door.

Everyone is already here.

I hear gasping as he walks in.

Everyone stops over now and again, but we've not had a family outing in a while.