Chapter 61

"Fuck!" I threw my phone onto the dashboard as I swerved down the busy streets of our hometown.

"Dude watch out!" Dylan, my co-worker grabbed onto the side handle of my car as I ran a red light.

"How the fuck do you want me to calm down?!" I barked at him and tightened my grip on the steering wheel, all I could think about was Lily's words before the call ended.

Baby Logan... Save him...

I stepped onto the gas harder once my eyes finally saw the blue waters of the Pacific ocean, almost there, I thought to myself.

"Where exactly is she?" Dylan asked me as we neared the Coast Highway.

"Our beach," I mumbled, trying to not run into any cars. After two minutes of driving, I finally spotted our coffee shop and quickly swerved onto a free spot.

"Come on!" I cried as I threw the door open and sprinted onto the sand. I quickly searched the place, my eyes traveled down to shoreline before my blood completely froze.

"Lily!" I cried before rushing over to her.

"No! No Lily!" I fell onto the sand next to her and pulled her onto my lap. I heard Dylan run up to us and he gasped.

"No no no..." I cried as I pulled her closer to me.

"Come on dude! We have to get her to the hospital!" Dylan cried and tried to pick her up, but I held onto her stronger.

"Come on!" Dylan said once again and I carefully picked her up before rushing over to my car. I quickly laid her down on the back seats and placed her head on my lap as Dylan rushed to the driver's seat.

"I'm so sorry... Lily..." I softly outlined her chin with my thumb as I felt the tears roll down my cheeks.

"Please Lily, you can't leave me," I whispered.

Lily's POV

I looked around the beach to notice it was completely deserted. My sketchbook laid in front of me and I noticed the sketch on it. I slowly picked it up and brought it closer to me, making out a man holding a baby. I looked out at the setting sun in confusion and a chill ran down my spine once I realized something was missing. I dropped my sketchbook and slowly brought my hands up to my flat tummy, and my lower lip trembled as a tear rolled down my cheek. I looked around the beach and suddenly, it seemed never ending. There were no cars driving by, nor the coffee shop I had just gotten coffee from.

"Jack..." I called out, but all I could hear was my own echo.

"Jack?!" I said again, this time my voice sounded desperate. I felt a liquid trickle down my leg and looked down, gasping at the blood puddling around my feet. I began to walk backwards in fear until I felt myself bump into someone.

"We meet again, Lily," I heard a too familiar voice say, and I slowly turned around.

"Jake?" My eyebrows furrowed.

"Hi Lily, missed me?" He cheekily smiled at me and I softly smiled.

"I-I did but- where's Jack? Where's Logan?" I looked behind him, hoping they would be there.

"Baby Logan is safe Lils, Jack and Dylan got to the hospital right before.." Jake suddenly stopped talking.

"Before what?" I asked him.

"Lily, please...." Jake frowned.

"What? Jake what?" I asked desperately.

"You don't remember where you are?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"Lily, remember the last time you saw me?" Jake asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah, it was when me and Jack were hit by the...." I said and suddenly felt my heart sink to the bottom of my stomach.

"No..." I whispered.

"No... No no no!" I looked up at Jake and began to panic.

"No Jake! I can't be here!" I cried, looking around, looking for a way out.

"Lily! Lily relax!" Jake grabbed my arms and I pulled them away from him.

"No! Where's the door, Jake! I need the door!" I cried and continued to look around, and suddenly, something began to shine in the distance.

"Jake! Jake there it is!" I gasped and began to run towards it.

"Lily! Lily stop!" Jake yelled behind me and I ignored him.

"Jack! Logan!" I cried in happiness as I neared the door, feeling my legs being weighed down by every step I took. I began to reach for the handle as I got closer and closer, and once I almost neared it, the handle began to disappear.

"No! No don't!" I cried as the handle completely disappeared. I fell to my knees as I finally reached the door, and stared at it before letting out a scream of pain.