C2

Robyn

7 years ago..

"Did you like that?"

"Yeah but, there's something missing. I think you should sing a little louder on the chorus so that it really gives it that feel you know?"

"Yeah, yeah, imma try that now."

I was currently in the studio with Chris who was working on his new album, "Exclusive", with a few members of his team. He always wanted me in here with him because he said I was like a good luck charm for him. I was so honored to be the reason why he sounded so great on every song he made.

As I watched Chris inside the booth singing his heart out, I started to get emotional. I was so extremely happy for my best friend. He was finally living his dream and doing what he always told me he would do.

"How did that sound?," he asked us.

"Great," his manager said.

"Amazing Chris," I gave him two thumbs up and he smiled at me.

"I'm coming out for a sec," he removed his headphones and exited the booth.

"Did you really think I was that good?," he asked me as he sat down beside me.

"Yes Chris, of course you did. Why would I lie to you?"

"Oh nah nah, I'm not saying you lying, it's just- well you know."

"I keep telling you Chris that you have to stop doubting yourself. You are an amazing singer. You have amazing talents that I don't think the world is ready for yet. Truth be told, you're gonna become a legend, trust me."

"You know I do. I just want everything to be perfect. You know the first album was a big success, I'm just trying to keep that up and not be a one hit album wonder, ya know?"

"And you're not Chris. Each and every album or song you put out is gonna be a success. I know you can do it. I believe in you 1,000 percent."

"That's all I needed to hear. Thanks Rob," he kissed my cheek then hurriedly made his way back inside the booth.

"Let's do "Take You Down" from the top," he told the engineer.

As the song played and he started to sing, his eyes met mine. The song was basically about him sexing a girl which I never heard him sing or mention before and I was quite surprised by the lyrics. There was some sort of fire in his eyes that kept mine glued to his and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't look away. In a way, it felt like he was singing directly to me, like I was that girl in the room with him. I shook that thought out my head and quickly separated our gazing at each other.

Some people said it was a shame that I was 20 and still haven't had a sexual encounter but I just haven't found the right person. Chris on the other hand was sort of a "sexpert". He was only a year older than me and already had sex with about over a dozen women, young and not that old. Those were the perks of being famous, having women completely throw themselves at you without hesitation. The only thing I ever did was kiss and he was kind of upset about that. I don't even know why I did it in the first place but I was 14 and wanted to experience it.

"Alright, now how was that?"

"That was.. really good. Since when you started writing shit like that?"

"Since a nigga started fucking!"

We both laughed, "You're so silly."