ELEVEN

I had a thumping headache as I rose from the hard ground.

All of the events from earlier came rushing back to me, I had to calm myself before I started crying again.

I just don't understand how that happened. How did I not realise it wasn't a dream?!

"Mommy!" My baby's sweet voice called out from downstairs.

With a small sigh I forced myself to follow her voice.

"Yes lily?" I asked once I reached the living room and saw her on the floor.

"Will you colour with me? Daddy is really upset and doesn't want to" she said sadly "do you know why daddy is sad? He doesn't want to talk to me" she added softly.

My heart clenched. This little girl is so in love with that man.

"I don't know sweetie," I went to say he should be fine but I was cut off by a very excited squeal.

"You will make him feel better," her smile almost tripled in size as she continued "if you talk to him and make home feel better than both of you can colour with me" she had already started dragging me towards his room before I could protest.

My body didn't try to move away even though my mind was going crazy!

I can't face him. He touched me! I kissed him!

I was about to protest but as I began talking, it was to late.

Lily had thrown Jason's door open and was already jumping on his bed while holding my hand.

"Lily, I said to give me some sp-" he abruptly stopped, "Maddie?"

"Maddie" he repeated more confidently as he rose from his bed. 

"We need to talk" he rushed out "I shouldn't have done that, I should have known you weren't processing everything correctly" he began to ramble out words until he realised lily was still in the room.

"Princess, can you let mommy and daddy talk for a second?" He lasted her softly, she gave him a loving smile and left.

After she said we had to be quick so she could colour with someone.

"As I was saying" he began but I cut him off.

"It's okay," my throat was getting tighter as I spoke "let's just forget about it. For Lily's sake lets just forget it ever happened so she can have two parents to colour with" he seemed to like my response because with a small smile and a quick nod we left the room and went to colour with our little girl.

All I could do was pray that nothing like earlier ever happened again.