CHAPTER 6

Sorry guys for updating after such a long time. I was caught up in some serious family problem and was not able to update till now. Anyways since everything is back on track i will be updating frequently (hoping so and fingers crossed). Anyways all the people that voted , commented and read my book , i really appreciate your effort and extremely thankful for it. Even though i have not commented back and said thank you till now , please do take my thanks now. 

So its unedited .

IRIS POV:

I reached the party venue soon. The entrance was crowded with reporters and cameras. It was natural since Patrick was involved in entertainment industry but also this event was attended by many industrialist, high profile businessmen , actor , actress and many more. Marc opened my door and helped me . I soon started walking towards the party hall gate after composing myself as i was aware there are chances that i may encounter some people from my past. 

I entered the party hall and started to move further in when a elderly woman came towards me. "Hi , Iris" the woman spoke with much politeness and warm smile. I looked at the woman and instantly recognised her. She is Christy Edward, a famous professional sculptor. I once attended her exhibition and , must say she live up to her name and fame. "Hello, Mrs. Edward" i greeted her with same politeness and a small smile. "Oh! dear what a pleasant surprise to see you here". "Its nice see you to Mrs.Edward , I am here due to some business work. This exhibition is held by my good friend". "Whatever the reason is but i am glad to see you. So how is your preparation going and when is your next exhibition " she asked excitedly. I have been doing sculpting since the age of 8. I had my first independent exhibition at 14. It was success and then i was know as serene . I never came face to face with media or gave any video interviews much help because of my family repudiation. Now after my business i still do exhibition but only once a year to twice with joint venture. "Not now but soon Mrs. Edwards, i will make sure you get the invitation for sure". "Thanks you Serene or Iris. I will be waiting for the exhibition" . She smiled and soon we said our goodbye to each other.

I moved further in the party hall and started searching for the hostess and my lovely friend. Soon i found Car talking with some guests. A smile formed on my face after seeing my friend after such a long time. After few minutes she spotted me, she soon excused herself and made a beeline towards me. I was in a warm hug in few seconds.

"OMG, you are here , you are here" she repeated again and again while hugging me . I could feel her relief and happiness as she was speaking. I soon found my tears leaking as well wetness on my shoulder. " Yeah yeah Car, I am here. After such a long scolding , how could i defy your order mam" i replied with fake fear and smile. 

"If i had known that my scolding could let you meet me, i would have done it long ago " she said. We were talking with each other , when suddenly i was again hugged by someone. I was shocked at first, than i saw the person holding me. Marley Thomas, junior of mine in college. She was someone i have known for a small time but had a good friendship . After the shock gone , i hugged her as well.

"Iris , where were you for so many years . I asked Carolyn so many times but i could never get any answer". Marley complained me. "I have been with my family for past years". I could not complete my answer further , when i saw a familiar figure coming towards us.

Klaus, brother of Pam, a friend and someone i have known since the day i was born.He was smiling as usual and moving towards me. I returned the smile , soon he stopped near me . I excused myself from Car and Marley and moved towards Klaus. We both huge each other. 

"Bienvenido a America, preciosa" Klaus said. "gracias guapo" i replied with a amused smile. "So you think i am handsome ? " he said with a smug smile and giving me a welcoming kiss on my cheek. "How are my prince and princess ?" . "Good , you should come and see them . They will be happy to see their spoiling uncle after such a long time" i replied with a smile. He does not like someone calling him uncle. I love to tease hime . Kaden , Ire and Rey are the only exception . He and Pam where only close friends i had in past five ears. He and my brothers love to spoil my kids . "I will be there on my next day off. I really a nice relaxing day and you are cooking" he replied.

I introduced Marley and Car to Klaus and soon we started talking . After sometime Bro came with Gabby. He took me in hug and kissed my cheek . He held me in side hug and soon i also relaxed in his arms. An elderly couple with a young man came towards us. Klaus started the introduction. He introduced bro and gaby first, then me. The elderly couple were surrounded by some more people but it was hard to see the faces. The elder man asked if we were grandchildren of Augusto Fernandez and we said yes with proud happy smile. Then he asked if i helped in family business. I smile and replied "No i do not help in family business , rather i owns my own company which deals in designing and creativity from different fields. My company deals with sales & purchase of antiques, i also own a gallery and showroom dealing with various types of sculptures , painting etc from new to old artist form different fields ". We talked a bit kore and soon started moving in different directions . I felt someone starting at me and then i meet the eyes of the person i never wanted to encounter again. I mustered as much coldness and hate as i can and gave him a cold hateful glare  moved away with bro, Klaus and Gabby to meet some more people. 

I grabbed a glass of wine and started taking a sip while bro and Klaus were talking about business and Gabby was looking at the displayed jewellery .Soon soft music started playing and couple started dancing . I remembered when i was use to love to dance on such soft music with love of my life. But now those memories only brings tears and bitter taste to me.

So how was it. Please read and vote and comment. Any suggest , please do mention it , i highly appreciate it.

poornima13