Malfie 1

Marcus

"Flight to California now boarding"

Oh shit. Vidcon. All that word meant to me was sitting in an aeroplane for more hours than needed and panic attacks.

I never get nervous about performing in front of crowds or talking to random people but the thought of sitting next to someone you don't know for more than a few minutes is hell to me.

I grab my bag on the seat next to me and walk to the line. I grab out my passport and ticket and stuff my left over food in its place. I am about three people away from the front of the line and I start looking around. Just in no particular way just looking around. I look over to the food court and see a boy about my age running over to us. He must be going to vidcon cause he has a camera facing him. Vlogger. Not my idea of a good getaway but it is something cool to see the backstage areas of events and planning of yours and books and stuff like that.

I make eye contact with him for a quick second and see his perfect round eyes. What are you thinking Marcus! In less than a day you will see your boyfriend and this will all be over.

I am now at the front of the line and hand the lady my information and ticket. She does what she needs to and I begin walking in the hall to the plane. I must've been going very slow because that boy from earlier is now standing next to me. I don't know what to do. Do I say anything? Do I ask him what he's doing at vidcon? Is he even going to vidcon? I talk before my mind can stop me.

"Um... Hi" I say shyly as he fastens his pace to meet mine.

"Hi there. You seem scared, what for?" He asks doing a double take.

"Well, I'm going to vidcon and I'm not the biggest fan of planes" I say looking at the ground.

"It's ok, what seat are you?" He puts his hand out asking for the ticket.

"Um, 34. You?"

"35. Right next to you. First class" he says proudly. I only got first class because I payed for it myself.

"How'd you get first class?" I ask confused. He clearly was not the type to do it everyday.

"I payed for it but my now ex boyfriend payed half so we could meet and he already bought the ticket so now I'm going to vidcon"

"Oh, why did you two break up?"

"Well, I met someone else and the relationship just fell through. I wasn't happy with him anyways" his eyes water up and I place my arm around his shoulder.

He looks up at me with those perfect brown orbs, only ruined by the clear liquid filling them. I have an urge to wipe them away but before I can give in he looks at the floor shyly and wipes his red eyes. I pull him closer to me unconsciously as we reach the door of the plane.

I release him as I walk in and I breath slightly heavier as I feel how high up we are. I take my seat and the boy soon follows. He grabs my bag from me and puts it in the compartment above us. I put my phone on aeroplane mode and put it on the table in front of me. The boy does the same.

"So um.. What was your name?" I was never one to ask this question I would normally only talk to people I know but this boy seems different.

"Oh right, I'm Alfie, you are?"

"Marcus"

His eyes go wide and we look at each other's eyes.

"Marcus as in Butler?"

"Yeah"

"Oh, cool" he says not caring to elaborate on how he knows me.

Halfway through the flight I have the wifi on my phone and am scrolling through my Twitter followers and I come across 'Alfie deyes'.

He's been following me for quite a while and he retweets a lot of my stuff. I think of what to say. Something clever? Something stupid? Something funny? I decide to go with something that Alfie will definitely not ignore. Something hinting towards him. I write the tweet out and reread a few times to make sure I have no spelling errors and that's it's perfect.

'Plane boy seems interesting'

I know to a lot of people, that seems like an obscure reference to something, but when I hear Alfie giggle, I know he gets it. I get a reply from him saying;

'How is plane boy interesting?'

I laugh lightly as a few of my fans already start shipping us.

'He just is. I like his hair and eyes the most as they match'

Soon enough in getting messages from Tyler telling me to stop flirting with him and I feel guilt filling my stomach.

I get a message from Caspar saying how him and joe are gonna be late as they missed their flight, that's just great. What am I meant to do for a whole night then?

"Hey, what were you going to do when we got to California?" Alfie asks.

"Well I was meant to hang with some friends but they won't be there until the next morning because they missed their flight" I explain.

"Wanna hang out with me and my friends then?" He asks.

"Yeah sure, who are your friends?"

"Well, there's Connor, Troye, Andrew, all of o2l, Tyler, Jenn, dan, phil, Chris and pj" he says.

"Do you happen to be friends with Caspar and joe?"

"Well yeah, that's how I know you" oh yeah.

"Cool man, where you staying?"

"Hotel a few blocks from the venue"

"I know this crazy but, I have a double room in a hotel next to the venue and it would be cool if we shared"

"Yeah sure why not"

At the end of the flight, I grab my phone and bag and get out of the plane. I feel someone interlock their fingers with mine in order not to get lost and look back to see a scared Alfie hurrying off the plane.

When we go to get our rental cars, I realise that I still have a grip on Alfie and he still looks scared. I squeeze to show that I'm right there and I wouldn't just leave him.

"Butler and Deyes" I say.

"Ok, here is your key Marcus and here is yours Alfie" the lady behind the counter says.

I look at Alfie's keys then to mine and frown. Why does he have such a cheap car?

"Could we please upgrade his car?" I ask the lady.

"Not necessary Marcus" Alfie scolds but I ignore him and get him an identical car to mine.

"You needed a better car than one from 2001 for vidcon"

"I would've been happy in it"

"Fine but you have this one now" I say pointing towards the white version of my car.

I really don't know why I'm going through all this effort for someone I met not even 24 hours ago but I know I won't stop.