Chapter Three - Tension

Niall's POV

~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I got to the flat and after thinking of the situation in the car - I have decided not to put ALL the blame on Harry. And I needed to apologize.

Everyone had gone to their rooms, or started to watch TV in the living room. Harry and Liam had sat down on the couch to watch the telly.

"Harry?" I asked from the doorway. He turned to me unsure what I was going to do.

"If your here to argue I want no say in this." He said and turned back around.

"Can we just talk?" I pleaded.

"We are." He mumbled, still having half of his attention on the telly. Liam got up and left to his room - knowing I needed to talk to Harry alone. I sat down next to him and just sat there giving him some time to cool a little.

"I'm sorry, Haz." I sighed. He looked at me, his attention directed on me now. I was expecting him to say something - anything but he just stared at me as if I needed to continue. I repositioned myself to face him more. "I'm sorry that I blew up on you. I needed to respect your opinion on Zoe. She ran out crying and she seemed to pause when I-" I paused. "I didn't let you have an opinion and that was selfish of me. I think she needs to decide who she wants."

He sat there and stared at the carpet for a while.

"I think, that, umm, I should've done the same. I saw her crying and I felt horrible. I had thought that you did something to her. I was furious. It didn't make sense... you would never hurt her. Especially since you like her. We shouldn't fight over a girl." He stated. I nodded taking it all in.

"Bros before hoes?" I blurted with a smile.

"Bros before hoes." He grinned, his dimples showing. We both laughed.

We watched the telly for about 30 seconds until he said, "We need to find her."

"I know we do but that'd be impossible."

"Not exactly..." Louis said. I looked up at him. He was leaning on the doorway with the other lads - holding up his phone.

"That's a great idea but we don't have their numbers..." Harry sighed.

"Well you don't but I have Claire's number." Louis winked.

"Sweet!" Harry exclaimed.

"But lads - we need to give her time. It's only been a half an hour." Liam commented.

"True..." Zayn nodded.

"Alright then... how 'bout a couple games o' FIFA?" I offered with a smile.

"You're on, Niall!" Zayn laughed and hopped over the couch.

~.~

I sat on my bed - staring at the ceiling. Should we even call her? Maybe she cried and ran out for a reason. Heck, she may even have a boyfriend. I mean, why wouldn't she? She gorgeous!

But I want her really bad. I've known her for less than a day and I have feelings for her. I'm crazy!

But that could be another possible reason she ran out... she wants more time to get to know me. And I need more time to get to know her. I need to know about her past and if I can do anything, ANYTHING to fix her.

Maybe that's what I'll do. Take it slow. We need a friendship. An unbreakable friendship.

But if I do that - Harry could win her over so much more quicker if I don't ask her out soon. I'll be wanting a friendship with her and then try to turn it into something else but then she says, 'Oh Harry has already asked me out' and they've been flirting behind my back.

This is ridiculous.

Why does Harry have to love her?

I mean, sure he wants her. He wanted to hold her, and kiss her, and tell her that everything will be ok.

That's what I want to do. That's what I yearn for.

I sat up, slumping. This is horrible. sighing and felt around for my phone in the darkness.

What time is it? I checked my phone. It was 12 at night. The boys and I try to get as much sleep as we can and lately we've been up a lot because of the tour. But now that we're all home we get to have an amazing big break and it's awesome.

I checked my texts messages - replying and then tossing my phone to the side and laying back down. I took a deep breath.

Ugh! I just can't get her out of my head. I sat up again and got out of bed. I crept to the kitchen and browsed through the food options.

"Niall?" A deep, groggy voice asked behind me. I turned and found Harry.

"What are you doing up?" I wondered. He shrugged.

"What are you doing up, mate?" He questioned.

"Couldn't sleep." I shrugged.

"Neither could I..."

I knew why we both couldn't sleep.

"I know why." I commented. He nodded.

"It's strange."

"Definitely."

We both stood there in silence.

I started to say somthing but Harry started a sentence at the same time. "Sorry what?" I asked.

"Eh, it was nothing... you?"

"Nothing." I said simply. He nodded, his lips a thin white line. The tension was extremely uncomfortable. I cleared my throat and made my way back to bed.

What.... was that?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short, boring chapter... I just wanted to show you what Niall felt and kind of a hint of what Harry felt. I wanted to keep a slight conflict between Niall and Harry.

I'm on a roll though :) This was kinda like a bonus chapter for the last chapter... idk. Same day... so... ehhhmm... yeah.

Why am I in an awkward mood??

Enjoy :D