Happy Birthday Harry

Harry was groggy as he slowly came round to the gentle but loud knocking at the door, pulling on his glasses he sleepily shuffled towards the noise before pulling open the door revealing Nick stood before him. Harry suddenly found himself wide awake as he saw the shambled state Nick was in, his clothes looked wrinkled is if he'd been sleeping in them but the bloodshot look in his eyes showed that wasn't the case.

If Harry had to guess Nick and the others had been up all night for whatever reason and that he had a feeling he was about to find out why, as Nick let out a sigh Harry suddenly felt like he wasn't going to like what he was going to say.

Inviting Nick in the two of them sat down as Harry asked on of the House Elves to bring them both tea, the silence was unpleasant as Harry watched the emotional storm raging within Nick. It was strange to no only witness but all so feel the presence of the Grimm within from what he though would usually be the wesen's point of view, now he understood how so many could fear one person even if they knew them to be a good man.

"When I was informed about all this I was presented with a file full of information about you, us, our family and the Wizarding world in general. In theory it was supposed to make things easier for me to understand your life up until now, the problem is that in giving this to me people have tried to hide or erase things. The file has left more questions then answers and because of this I'm left with no choice but to find answers myself.

This means that I'm going to have to start at the beginning, so first thing myself, Sean, Sebastian and Martin are leaving to speak with your aunt and uncle. I believed that you needed to know, we will be gone for most of the day but if you feel up to it I'd like it if you joined me for dinner so we can talk more?" said Nick as Harry who'd been quite the whole time nodded.

Nick nodded back before rising from his seat and bushing down his pants, taking a risk Nick hugged Harry who was shocked at first but accepted it fully.

"I'm sorry you've been though this and are having to go though it again, but it will be over soon" whispered Nick before breaking the hug and leaving to meet the other.

"I hope" he silently whispered to himself as he prayed that he'd find some sort of answers.

~~*~~

Harry was still a little shell shocked as the door clicked shut, leaning back against it Harry let out the breath he didn't realize he'd been holding in. His heart thundered like a cannon on a battlefield, calming himself down Harry decided it was time that he did something he should have from the start. Leaving the door Harry walked over to a small desk by the window where Hedwig was happily perched, absently stroking her head as he sort out his parchment he then took a seat and began writing.

Soon he'd produced two letters and after fastening them to Hedwig's leg he watched on she spread her wings and took off towards the rising sun, now aware that he could do no more then wait Harry returned to his bed until she returned. Harry sighed to himself as his thoughts turned to the strangeness of the last few day, he had mixed feeling upon finding out he had more family then he thought.

When he thought about Nick he'd wanted to be angry at him for not knowing about him, for not caring enough to find out more about his family but he couldn't. When he thought about Nick he saw his own past too, yes Nick may have had longer with his parents then he did but that wasn't a good thing in this case.

Harry had come to realize that it had only meant that Nick had much more to miss and more pain to carry with him, in a way he understood why finding out about Harry had hurt Nick so much. But at he same time Harry had been taken back that Nick had come out willing to fight for him when he could have easily have disappeared, never wanting to know more then he did.