iv; who could survive this?

Veronica worried at her bottom lip and paced around the room. She heard a groan and whipped her head around, pausing mid-stride.

"You fucked me up pretty bad, Veronica," JD said, looking up at her from where he sat. It was on a chair, with sheets knotted around his hands and feet.

"Shut up." She spat. "I hate you."

"Aw, babe, you know you love me."

"You're a sociopath! You tried to blow up a school!"

"That was one time!"

"Was it?"

"Well....."

"Just be quiet!"

JD shrugged defeatedly. Veronica began pacing again. Oh my god. What do I do? How is he even alive? I saw him blow up right in front of me!

"I know what you're think-iiiing, Veronica." Veronica spun on on her heel and clenched her fists.

"What? That you're a fucking psycho that should be in an asylum?"

"No, you want to know how I'm alive!" JD said, grinning.

"What?"

"Well, I don't know how I'm alive. I just woke up on some cot, bandaged up. Somewhere! The door was open and I managed to find my way back to Sherwood. It couldn't have been more than a few miles. I wanted to come and see you, but I knew you'd hate me. You'd call the police-"

"That's what I should be doing right now," Veronica muttered.

"You'd call the police, and I obviously don't want that! So I just stuck around for a while and did some odd jobs. Lived on the run." JD finished.

"Then why are you in my room?" Veronica questioned.

"I wanted to check on you. Make sure you hadn't killed yourself or anything else stupid."

"Well, I'm fine. And I'm calling the police." Veronica stormed out of the room.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you!" JD called.

"Why? You're tied up. It's not like you can do anything." Veronica looked back over her shoulder and found JDs face just inches from hers.

"Oh." Was all she managed before something hit her and she blacked out.