EPISODE -1 Scene -3

"Fatah"! I know I have heard someone saying this a lot. But, who? My mind couldn't click at all.

The road through Sindhuli is all about meanders. Sindhuli is west of Kathmandu while travelling to the Sarlahi. I knew if I kept looking at my mobile phone for more few minutes, I would puke. I feel uncomfortable texting in a moving vehicle. I didn't want to embarrass myself in my new job.

In the meantime, we reached Khurkot. Khurkot is quite a beautiful place. Many people stop there for lunch when they are travelling to the eastern side of Nepal through the route of Sindhuli.

Being a vegetarian is sometimes hard-Yes, I am a vegetarian. You do not always get nice things to eat.

My boss ordered the "Khana set"(A dish which consists of beaten rice, lintel, and gravy vegetables). Jimmy asked me if he should try any fishes in lunch.

"You can, but...." – I said.

He impatiently asked-"But what?

I replied-"I can't guarantee you that you will be ok by the end of your travel.

"Sarlahi is still a long way through, sir"- I winked.

He hesitated- "Wow, you scaring me!, Anjil. But, anyways, thank you."

"Fatah"! I felt this was kind of cheesy. Not exactly the word, but the way she placed it. The only friend I knew who worked in Nabil bank was, my school friend. And I am pretty sure this wasn't her.

It reminded me one of my sisters, who works in Nabil bank. Should I ask her about her? Nah! She is perhaps doing an internship and how would she even know someone who has been newly recruited in reception and that too in a different branch.

"Reception"! It ringed a bell in my brain. I asked one of my other colleagues to give me his phone for a while so that I could make a call. Yes, she wouldn't receive my call, but what if I called from somebody else's phone.

I started dialing the number 9802*6***6. The phone at the other end rang. I was curious...way too curious. I was expecting an excellent voice would greet me.

"Hello"- she answered.

"Namaskar" I replied.

"Nam..mas..te"- she stammered.

I strongly added, "I am talking from Ace Institute, and you have been our lucky random winner".

She interrogated-"Me, how?"

"You must have filled in your entry coupon in a program lately. Your name is not clear. So, we had to re-call to confirm with your name. Once you give your name to us, we will process it ahead", I said.

She giggled.

"Excuse me?" I intervened.

"Nice try, Anjila. Ok, you poor baby, I will give you a hint."

"What hint?" I interrogated.

"Never mind, if you do not want to know whom you are talking to at the other end of the phone," she giggled.

I felt like I am driven back to high school-such stuff sounded familiar then. However, I had seen her, and I was pretty sure she wasn't some weird lame girl- at least I didn't feel so.

I said, "Ok! Give me a hint..."

She added, "You were wearing black, and I was wearing blue; I could see you all, but you could see only my eyes!"

I had no idea what she was doing. I told her that it was my colleague phone and will have to shorten the conversation.

"Ok, wait I will call you from my phone," I added.

She said, "No! Call me only when you can remember me!

She then disconnected the call.

My mind was racing now. What did she mean by that? Was that even a hint?

It was going interesting. She was kind of playing and damn; I was losing.

Never felt this amazing to lose!

I kept thinking the moment- Blue and Black! Damn, I know so many girls who have black dresses. I never cared for what people wore. I should have....

By this time, we had crossed Sindhuligadi and were heading to Bardibas. The UK guy was excited with the mystery of land formation in Nepal while I was still thinking of Nabil Girl-what a mystery? Wow! This could be one hell of a marketing strategy, I felt. But, my mind defended, that makes a girl a marketing object. It's not good.

If you are an engineer, you will probably love Sinduli-Bardibas road. It has so many things to teach you-the roadside structures, cross-drainage,bio-engineering and so many beautiful scenes to share. While I was looking out the window, I could see a beautiful landscape and the Tarai approaching near.

By this time, I was pretty sure that she was flirting with me. However, I enjoyed that so I didn't feel offended. Anyways, no guy would feel offended by getting flirts. Never!

I was almost giving up on this hint when I got another message from her. Wow! She is a player! I thought. Perhaps it was the shortest message ever.