Chapter 1

Kennedy's P.O.V.

The crowd went wild as Adrian Nickelson completed a 64 yard touchdown in the final play of the game, winning their first game of the season. The score was tied at 28-28 the whole fourth quarter. I cheered with the rest of the crowd, silently congratulating Adrian. He is the star quarterback of the varsity football team. He is the kind of guy every girl in our school dreams of being with someday.

Everyone from our school that came to the game began to race out onto the field to celebrate our first victory of the season.

I hesitated and my friend, Payton, grabbed my arm impatiently and whined, "Let's goooo! What are you waiting for?!"

"Nothing," I quickly replied and began to race down the bleachers with her.

We ran out onto the field and joined all of the football players and students standing in the middle of the field, chatting excitedly.

I began to walk backwards," I'll be right back," I told Payton."I'm gonna go talk to Aaliyah real quick."

She nodded. I turned around and ran smack into one of the football players. He removed his helmet. It was Adrian Nickelson. He looked at me with his big hazel eyes, his hair stuck to his forehead because of all the sweat running down his face.

"I am so sorry!" I apologized immediately.

He smiled his cute perfect smile, "Oh that's alright, I wasn't really watching where I was going either."

"Uh, nice touchdown by the way," I managed to say. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach begin to grow as he looked straight into my eyes, still smiling.

"Thanks. My name is Adrian Nickelson by the way."

"I'm Kennedy Wilson," I replied.

"Yeah, I've seen you around," he said and smiled.

The coach yelled for the football players to head down to the locker room.

"Okay I gotta go. Would you wanna go get some ice cream when we're done?" he asked.

My heart began pounding even harder inside my chest," Yeah, that sounds good," I said with a smile.

"Okay awesome. Meet me over by the locker rooms, " he said as he began to jog to the locker room.

******

I sat down on the ground outside of the men's locker room. My heart was still pounding and I ran my hands through my semi long, blonde hair. I had it straightened it for the game. I wore a gray hooded sweatshirt, a cute pair of jeans, and my tennis shoes. I usually wasn't the type of person that dressed up.

After about 10 minutes, Adrian was the first to walk out of the locker room.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked with another one of his smiles.

"Yeah, where are we going?" I replied as we walked together out into the parking lot.

"I was thinking ice cream at Bob's Diner, " he said. "Is that alright with you?"

"Yeah, who doesn't love Bob's?" I said with a smile. Bob's diner is pretty much the place where all the high schoolers go. They have really good burgers and ice cream.

He laughed, "Just making sure. This one is mine," he said pointing to a black chevy silverado.

He opened up the passenger side door and I got in. He closed the door and walked around to the otherside.

"He's such a gentleman," I thought to myself.

Adrian got in and threw his duffel bag on the backseat. He started the car, pulled out of the parking lot, and started driving down the road to Bob's.

*****************

Hey guys! This is my first story on wattpad! I know that chapter was really short. I promise I'll write another chapter really soon! Please vote and comment!