Chapter 2

Kennedy's P.O.V.

Adrian circled the parking lot to Bob's for the third time, looking for a place to park.

"I've never seen the place so packed," I told him.

"I know it's crazy! Everyone must be here celebrating our victory," he replied. He found a spot and pulled into it, " Finally we found one," he said.

He got out of the truck and came around to my side and opened the door. I jumped out and we walked up to the diner together.

We went inside and the place was packed full of high schoolers and busy waitresses scurrying around. It smelled like burgers and fries. Almost all the tables were full. We found a booth on the other side of the diner.

I slid into one side and to my surprise Adrian joined me on the same side.

An older waitress quickly came to our table," Hello, I'm Patty and I'll be your waitress tonight. What can I get you two?"

" I think we just need two waters and we're gonna spilt a banana split," he said and immediately cracked up at his lame attempt at a joke.

He looked at me and i smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Okay I'll get that for you right away," the waitress said and hurried away.

"How did you like my joke," he asked with his cute smile.

"All I'm gonna say is wow," I told him.

He laughed, scooted closer, and put his arm around me. The butterflies in my stomach began to grow again my heart was pounding even harder than earlier. He looked at me, his piercing hazel eyes focused on mine once again. His blonde hair was almost dry after taking a shower after the game.

Thankfully the waitress brought us our banana split, breaking the silence that was beginning to get awkward between us.

"Here you go. Enjoy," she said as she plopped in on the table and hurried away again.

Adrian handed me a spoon and the two of us began to dig into the banana split.

"Their food here is soooooo good!" he said with a smile.

"I know. Best place in town," I said as I took another spoon full of ice cream. We were half way through our ice cream when his phone rang with a text message.

He pulled it out of his pocket. A shocked expression spread across his face," Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry, Kennedy, but I have to go."

He pulled a ten dollar bill out of his pocket, threw it on the table, got up, and hurried out of the restaurant. I watched incomplete shock out the window as he drove away.

I didn't live to far away so I left and walked home. I got to my room, laid down on my bed, and cried myself to sleep.

*****************

Sorry about the short chapter again. I promise the next one will be a lot longer. Please vote and comment! :)