Chapter 4

(Btw their date takes place on a Friday night)

*****************

I woke up to the sound of Adrian's parents entering the room. I slowly lifted my head up and looked at him. He had fallen asleep too.

"I'm so glad you came, Kennedy," his father told me.

I carefully got up from the couch, careful not to wake Adrian.

" I'm Adrian's father, Joe, and this is my wife, Sarah," he said as I shook their hands.

"It's nice to meet you," I replied.

"He finally went to sleep. He hasn't slept since the night before the accident," Sarah told me.

"Yeah he looked exhausted when I came," I told her. "I was thinking the two of us should go do something tomorrow after school, you know, to get his mind off of everything."

"Oh could you do that? That would be so nice," his mom replied sweetly.

"Yeah I think I'll make it a surprise, so just plan on him coming with me after school tomorrow."

"Thank you so much, Kennedy," she said and hugged me.

"Yeah, and I really should be going. I have a lot of homework to do," I said.

"Ok, see you later then," his parents replied.

"Bye," I said with a smile as I walked out the door. Now to go home and think about what we were going to do tomorrow...

**********

Adrian was at school the next day. He acted like everything was ok, but I could tell by his small smiles and the look in his eyes that it wasn't.

The day dragged along because I was so excited for the date I had planned for us tonight.

After school I hurried and grabbed all my books and stuff out of my locker that I needed for my homework over the weekend and shoved them in my bag. Then I fast walked to his locker so I would beat him there. I got there just in time. He walked up to his locker.

"Hey Babe," he said as he put in his combination.

"Babe? Does this mean we are a couple?" I asked him, butterflies forming in my stomach.

"Is that alright with you?" He asked with one of his cute smiles. It was the first normal one I had seen from him all day.

"Of course," I said with a smile back. "Which reminds me, you and I are going on a date I have planned tonight."

"But what about my brother," he asked.

"Don't worry. Your parents and the doctors assured me that he won't be going anywhere anytime soon," I replied.

"Okay, then who's car are we taking?" He asked

"I was thinking mine since I know where we are going and what we are doing." I said and we began to walk out of the school and to my car.

"Okay," Adrian replied. We got to my 2013 Ford Focus and I pulled my car keys out of my pocket and unlocked the doors. We got in and threw our stuff in the backseat.

"So where are we going?" Adrian asked.

"It's all a surprise so you're just going to have to wait and see," I said.

I drove to the forest across town. It was a place that brought everyone from around here back to their childhood. When we were kids we would come here in the winter and go sledding, have snowball fights, build forts, you name it. There's a little creek, maybe a foot deep at the deepest part that comes from the lake not too far away that we would catch small fish and craw dad's in in the summertime. We would rig up these little traps in the rocks that we were so proud of. Or we found big sticks and made fishing poles. Sometimes our parents would come with us and we camped out under the stars. We had so much fun here, and made so many memories.

We both got out of the car.

"I love this place," Adrian said as he took my hand. We locked fingers. "And I almost forgot it was here. I haven't been here in forever."

We began to walk on the beaten down path through the forest that we had created by walking through the same way every time. You could hear all the wildlife. The sky was pretty clear for the most part and the sun shown threw the tall trees.

"I've had a crush on you ever since we were little," he said as we walked.

I giggled and blushed, "Really?"

"Yeah, I was always just to shy to talk to you," he replied with a smile. We got to the little creek, and sat down on one of the large rocks together. He put his arm around me and pulled me close.

"Well I guess it payed off," I said with a smile.

He looked me in the eyes and gave me another cute smile, "Some times you just have to take chances."

We leaned in and gave each other a long quiet kiss. It was so perfect. The sun shining through a crack in the trees and the water trickling through the rocks in the creek. By the way we kissed, I could tell that he loved me even though we hadn't been dating for very long. We slowly pulled away and smiled.

"I love you," he said. "You've helped me through my whole situation with Kyle. I know things would be a lot different if you hadn't been there for me.

"I love you too," I replied.

We gave each other one more kiss before standing up and heading back to my car, our fingers intertwined again.

*****************

Hope ya'll liked it! Please vote and comment! :)