Whisper of the Heart - Iwaoi AU

School entrance exams were always boring for Iwaizumi. All he ever wished to do was play his favorite sport, volleyball. Everyday, the young teen instead of studying for high school entrance exams, would practice volleyball for hours. His older sibling would always get onto him for not studying. "Studying in the most important thing," they would say. But Iwaizumi didn't care. Volleyball was his world.

"Iwaizumi there you are, Jesus. You could have at least told me you were going to be inside the library." A tall, light brown haired person walked through the front door and found the setter reading books over volleyball techniques. "Can't take a break from volleyball, can you?" The teen sighed.

"Sorry Hanamaki. I couldn't help it. You know how desperate I am to get better at volleyball." Picking up four magazines of Volleyball Monthly and putting away a book, the volleyball player walked to office with Hanamaki. The librarian stamped his books and magazines and he noticed that there was a name that showed up on all of cards to his books and magazines, except the newest issue of Volleyball Monthly, Oikawa Turoo.

Deciding to ignore it, Hajime continued to speak to his friend walked out the front door. "Do you want to practice volleyball outside? I learned how to spike better, can't wait to show it during our high school games!" The hedgehog said while slamming his hand in the air as if hitting a volleyball.

Right as he did that, a volleyball fell in front of the pair. "Hey Hanamaki! Can you pass that over?" The two look up and see a dark haired person waving his hand. It was Matsukawa.

Immediately, Hanamaki's face turned red, and he ran away. "Iwaizumi can you pass that?" The wing spiker listened. The teen looked at him. "What was that all about? I just wanted the ball."

The setter felt heat rise to his face and he realized something. Hanamaki has a crush on Matsukawa. "You're so blind! How can you not tell?" Hajime yelled.

"What? I don't know what I did wrong." God, boys can be so clueless.

"Can't you see that Hanakaki likes you?" The teen didn't mean to shout at him, but he was furious. He was kinda mad at himself too since he didn't realize before. "Here, take your stupid ball." And with that short, brunette ran off to comfort his friend.

"I'm sorry for running off like that Iwaizumi. I just get so nervous around him. I'm always afraid I'll do something stupid around him. I guess it's too late now though. He's probably not even gay." Hanamaki ranted.

"It's okay. I bet you'll be fine. Everyone gets nervous around their crush. And to be honest there's no way he's straight. Circles are straighter than that kid." Hajime joked, earning a laugh from his friend.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

The next day at school Matsukawa walked up to Hanamaki's desk. "Listen, I'm, uh, sorry about yesterday, I didn't know. How about we go on a date Friday? Anywhere you want." The spikey-haired teen couldn't help but smile for his friend. Maki nodded quickly, his grin stretched from ear to ear, and his cheeks were so red that a cherry would be jealous.

"Great, see you on Friday."

Immediately, the wing spiker teased his friend and they continued to laugh until school started.

"Hey do you want to practice volleyball outside once class is over?" Hanamaki whispered. Iwaizumi nodded and continued to look through his magazine. He was reading an article about a high school volleyball player.

"The Little Giant. That's a cool nickname." Karasuno high school was written on the article. That was the school The Little Giant went to. Now, without him, Karasuno became a weak school, the Flightless Crows. Such a shame. Hajime thought.