Where Things Belong -Calum-

You stared at yourself in the mirror, unable to fully grasp that it was you in the reflection. The pale white of the sweetheart ballgown was practically glowing against your skin. You touch the small bit of beadwork on you waist and catch a breath. Today was your wedding day.
All around you, people filed past, getting the this and the that ready for your special day. Out in the garden, you knew your groom was waiting for you, but deep in your heart, you had an empty feeling about this day.
Of course the cake was perfect, the flowers were the right shade of pink, the bridesmaids dresses all looked splendid, but you just knew something was missing. You ask your maid of honor to give you some alone time, and then sit on a chair looking up at the ceiling, a glass of white wine in your hand. Might as well be drunk for today, that'll make it easier.
"Since when do you down a bottle Y/N?" A voice questions and you almost drop the glass onto the ground.
"Calum Hood? Is that you?" You hiccup softly, not looking back at him. Knowing perfectly well the love of your life was right in the doorway and not the man waiting for you at the alter.
"Yeah, it's me." He whispers softly and stands behind you, his fingers gently tracing your shoulder.
"I didn't think you'd come." The words hang above your head, can he tell how empty you felt?
"I had too." He mumbles and you reach up to touches his fingers with yours.
"You look so beautiful in that dress." His voice cracks on the last word and you finally glance up at him, looking confused by the tear falling down his cheek.
You turn around and look at him, "I thought I was the one who was supposed to cry on my wedding day." You joke softly and he chuckles, a faint smile flashing across his face for a moment.
"I always pictured this moment different, I always pictured crying when I saw you walking down the aisle....towards me." You clench your eyes shut as you start to imagine walking towards him instead of the man who was waiting.
"I can't wait you with someone else." He whispers suddenly and you gently touch his hand, and he grips onto yours tightly.
"I-it's tearing me apart Y/N!" He exclaims and you bite your lip, feeling the same exact pain he was feeling.
After a few minutes you stand up and slip off the heels you had been wearing and switched into the converse you had been wearing this morning. He watches you, confused but then realizes what you're doing.
He reaches out for you hand and you both walk out into the hallway where your bridesmaids are watching in awe. You stop in front of you maid of honor and slip of your ring, putting it into her hand.
"I know you've been screwing him anyway." You say before heading out the door with the man you truly loved.