"Love Looks Not With The Eyes"

You were so distracted by the book that you didn't notice the zip sound coming from the tent. It was only when you heard a male clearing his throat did you look up. It was difficult to break yourself away from this novel, and as soon as your eyes looked away from the page, they yearned to look back. 

"Didn't know you read." You heard the scruffy voice beside you say. This made you chuckle a bit. You nodded softly before bending the corner of the page and closing the book. "You don't have to stop." Daryl said, looking at the book in your lap. "Read to me." He whispered, almost too quiet for you to hear. You reopened the book and began to read out loud. 

  "Things base and vile, holding no quantity,
Love can transpose to form and dignity.
Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
Nor hath Love's mind of any judgment taste;
Wings and no eyes figure unheedy haste."  

You could feel the body beside you relax a bit, and this made you smile. The rest of the night continued like this. You reading, Daryl listening intently. You were surprised he was actually paying attention. Soon though, you began to hear the sounds of snores. You stopped reading for a second, turning your head to the side. A sleeping Daryl Dixon was lying beside you. His face looked so peaceful, unlike when he is awake. His mouth was parted slightly, air slowly coming in and out of it. His lips looked chapped. You wondered what it would be like to kiss him. To feel his stubble rub against your cheeks. You let out a soft sigh before closing the book. You adjusted yourself closer to Daryl, your face hovering inches over his. You suddenly felt vulnerable and weak but this didn't stop you. You closed your eyes tight and closed the gap between your lips and his. You could feel him stir beneath you and you knew that your kiss had awoken the sleeping beauty. After a few seconds, you could feel his lips moving against yours. Your heart began to pound out of your chest. Was he actually kissing you back? You breath became labored, causing you to pull back. You rested your forehead against his, keeping your eyes closed. You could feel your face burning with embarrassment. Though the kiss didn't last long, it was the best kiss of your life. You shifted your weight, laying your head on his shoulder. You two didn't say a word to each other after this, but you didn't need to. The silence that surrounded you spoke so much louder than any words could have. He cared for you. He liked you back. You smiled softly against his shoulder and drifted off into a deep, relaxing sleep. 

----

AN: This book is A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare. S.O. to my mom for giving me this idea. :3