Chapter 6

• Dedicated to all my avocados <3

“Mikey!” Frank screamed, elbowing Gerard in the stomach. Gerard yelped and let go of Frank, allowing him to stumble back. Frank turned and ran down the hall.

Mikey was halfway to the door when Frank burst in, slamming the door behind him. “Frank, what the hell?” he said, running to Frank.

“You remember a couple minutes ago when I said nothing was wrong with Gerard?” Frank panted, his back against the door. Mikey nodded, a little freaked out. “Well, I lied.”

“What? What’s wrong with him?” Mikey exclaimed, trying to push past Frank. “Let me get to my brother, you asshole!”

Frank grabbed Mikey’s shoulders and shook his head. “Mikey, listen to- LISTEN TO ME! That isn’t your brother, ok? Just let me explain?”

Mikey stopped struggling, glaring at Frank from under his eyelashes. “What the hell is going on, Frank?”

Frank slid down and sat with his back pressed to the door. “I gave Gerard the tattoo he asked for. I didn’t really believe in all that TV crap so I didn’t think twice about it. I was a little superstitious but I didn’t think it would actually happen,” he said quietly.

Mikey slowly sat down in front of Frank. “Frank, what are you talking about?” he asked carefully.

“Demon summoning tattoo.” Frank said quietly. “It worked. I didn’t think it would but it did. Ray put a line through the tattoo when it worked the first time but I guess it knows who Gerard is now.”

Mikey nodded slowly. Then a smile grew on his face. “Dude, you got me!” he laughed, shaking his head. “I almost believed you for a second there. Solid story, man.”

Frank shook his head quickly, panic growing. “Mikey, it’s true! I’m serious!”

“Why hasn’t demon Gerard come to find us then?” Mikey questioned, a smirk on his lips.

Frank was silent. “I…I don’t know.” He stood up and pressed his ear to the door. “Where is he?” he whispered to himself.

“Dude, give it up. I know you’re faking this. Joke’s over, man.”

Frank shushed Mikey and slowly opened the door. He stuck his head out into the hallway and scanned for any sign of Gerard. He frowned and stepped back.

“What even, Frank?” Mikey demanded, pushing past Frank and walking into the hall. “Gerard?” he yelled, his arms rising from his sides slightly in a shrug.

“Yes, little brother?” Gerard smirked, appearing at Mikey’s elbow.

Mikey rolled his eyes at Frank’s panicked expression and faced Gerard. “You’re dating a crazy person,” he said pointedly.

Gerard raised an eyebrow. “Did you know that the crazy person holds some merit?” he asked. Confusion flashed over Mikey’s face before Gerard grabbed him and threw him down the hall. Mikey crashed into the wall and hit the floor with a thump. He slid down and lay there, unmoving.

“Mikey!” Frank yelled, running past Gerard and down the hall. He fell onto his knees beside Mikey, rolling him over slowly. “Dude, speak to me!”

Gerard walked over and sat by Mikey’s head. “He’ll be fine,” he said casually, running his fingers once through Mikey’s hair and readjusting his brother’s newly broken glasses.

Frank pulled his fist back and punched Gerard in the face. His hit had no effect on Gerard but he felt his already-wounded hand crack beneath Gerard’s face. “Ah, motherfucker!” He shook his fist and squeezed his eyes shut.