Epilogue

Frank and Gerard kissed, the crowd behind them erupting into applause. Gerard heard Mikey yelling “Gross, big brother!” to him and it made him smile. To be honest, most of the day had made him smile. They broke apart and turned to the crowd, waving to people here and there. Frank and Gerard linked hands and made their way back down the aisle, into the swarming crowd of family and friends. Their smiles stayed on their faces for quite a while longer.

“What’re you smiling about?” Frank asked, flopping onto Gerard’s lap. Gerard put his book aside and shrugged. He held onto Frank’s hand and traced the “Romantic” tattoo he had.

“Just you,” he said simply, tracing over the half a heart.

“Sap,” Frank said affectionately. “Any particular reason?”

Gerard smiled at Frank. “Just thinking about how lucky I am to have you.”

Frank beamed at him and rested his head in the crook of Gerard’s neck. “You’re feeling particularly mushy tonight, aren’t you?”

Gerard shrugged again. “Guess so.”

Frank sat up, looking over to the wall clock. “Well, I believe I have to go put two terrors to bed as it is way past their bedtime,” he stood up and leant down to place a kiss to Gerard’s cheek.

“Give them a kiss for me?” Gerard asked as Frank left the room.

“Will do!” was his reply.

Gerard got up and walked around the lounge, tracing his fingers over the photographs on the walls. He stopped at the wedding picture and smiled to himself. He continued on to see pictures of the day they got Rosie and River. Gerard left the lounge and went to the kid’s room, leaning against the doorframe.

Frank was sitting by River’s bed, quietly singing to her. River had his hand in hers, and her eyes were slowly closing. Rosie was already fast asleep, her black curls spread out over the pillow. Frank looked up and smiled at Gerard, his quiet singing already ceased. He stood up and bent over to kiss River’s forehead.

“From daddy,” he whispered.

Gerard smiled to himself as Frank came over to join him by the door. Frank wrapped his arm around Gerard’s waist and leant his head against Gerard’s chest. “We did good,” Gerard said. Frank nodded in reply and together they left the room.

*

"Short...but sweet."

omfg its over thank you guys ilysm asdfghjkl <3

**** winner of the cover competition is @frerardobsessed69   ****

-stevexo